The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I am going to see if I can find something appropriate because that looks so much easier to clean!

It's so much easier to clean..plus I like the fact it stays cool! [=

(ps..if you do decide to tile..we found this tile at lowes. They were like 89 cents for a 12x12 piece- found that to be a nice deal. )

Is it safe for chins?
Will it cause fracture of the lags when they jump?
Thanks!!

i havnt been on this forum in forever but just noticed ive never posted pics of my FN so here i am. ive recently changed it, it used to have the 2 floors for years but just recently changed it and took out the second floor.

so here goes.
0219111131.jpg

0219111128.jpg

0219111129a.jpg

bottom
0219111129.jpg

how do you all keep your cages so clean?! I cannot wait to be apart of the fn club hopefully soon and maybe some magic fn fairy will come keep my cage clean too! lol

how do you all keep your cages so clean?! I cannot wait to be apart of the fn club hopefully soon and maybe some magic fn fairy will come keep my cage clean too! lol

The secret is to take pictures immediately after you clean the cage haha.

Mandy--enough twigs in there? My god I see about twenty!! haha

chins1222--I like that huge hammock, I don't think I've ever seen one like that!

haha

yeah i just cleaned the cage and then took those pics

and yes it is a double hammock i got from carise but it is stretched out rather than hanging probably why it looks so big :)

The secret is to take pictures immediately after you clean the cage haha.

Mandy--enough twigs in there? My god I see about twenty!! haha

There's no such thing as too many twigs for the chins. :D

Misty's a big chewer and will go through so many of them in one night.
She loves her some Willow.. haha!

I've had my FN for a while but I haven't posted pics of it yet... It's more simple then the ones I've seen lol!

Top of cage: Pinto bean and Momo. My spare cage sits on top pf my FN!
001-1.jpg

Bottom of cage: Elfie and Tubby.

002.jpg

Hi there. After looking at this post I feel like my chins are stepchildren and I am the horrible stepmother. But I will change that and will make their cages more confortable and interesting. I might need some ideas from you guys. My chinchillas pee in 3 different corners of the cage. Yours? Did you tain them? I would love to line the bottom of the big cage with fleece (now it's wire) but how to deal with their peeing corners?. Here is a bad picture of how the cage looks like now.

Attachments

• Cage 2.JPG
    Cage 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 182
Don't feel too bad, you do have log hiding places for them and that's important. I would suggest adding wooden shelves that attach to the cage, this gives them more places to jump to and they can also chew on them. Chinchillas like to jump and don't really need the ramps. Also someplace flat would give their feet a rest from all the wire.

If you wanted to use the fleece liner, you could put dishes of shavings in the corners they pee. That way you just have to clean out the dishes when they get soiled. There's no guarantee though, my chins decided they want to pee anywhere they want!

Allright all you ferret nation folks where is the best deal on a new fn142? I have seen a wide range in prices and I think the more I save on the cage the more I can spend on other toys to fill the cage.

I guess I am officially in the club now. I found one fn 142 on craigslist for a good deal. Any options other than bass for litter pans that will fit the fn's?

Not doing the fleece thing, I like aspen shavings, guess I am just too oldschool.

Now It's time to bust out the saw, router, sander and drill press to see if I can injure myself while being a handy man.

I have a quick question about the FN cages!
I just bought my very first two chins and I am wondering if I should start out with the FN 141 cage and then upgrade and eventually put on the add-on? Or should I just get the FN 142

I'm not exactly sure if the single level one will fit both of my chins...

I'd go for the FN 142 myself. This way if your chins ever decide to divorce each other, you would be able to separate them. Always better to be safe, than sorry, and prepared!

Back