The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to buy them individually, since they don't come in a pack. They have them in boxes where I'm at. You put them in a bag, with the item number, quantity, and price. Someone there should be able to help you find what you need.

Im buying a new cage for my sweet baby boy terrace because I hate the cage hes in im all for the texas idea of go big or go home I kind of wanted a Critter Nation from Midwest instead of the Ferret Nation in case I got a baby chin or hedgie later does anyone know if there is a Critter Nation add on coming out?

Finally got my FN142!!

It came lastnight! Please excuse the poo, the boyz had all night to party it up before I took pics!!

Attachments

• new cage 009.jpg
    new cage 009.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 268
  • new cage 010.jpg
    new cage 010.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 251
  • new cage 015.jpg
    new cage 015.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 235
  • new cage 016.jpg
    new cage 016.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 200
  • new cage 012.jpg
    new cage 012.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 177
Zombie--I've used screws to hang shelves. The ones that are flat, not pointed on the threaded end too. Conceptually, bolts and screws are really the same thing they just have little technical differences and people use the terms interchangeably a lot.

All you need is something at least partially threaded that is about 2" or longer (depending on the shelf size) and a soft wood shelf so it will go through despite not being pointed. Don't worry about it's name. I use lag screws (have the hexagonal head) with fender washers so I don't need nuts. I use a wrench so there's no hanger bolt sticking out of the shelf for me to gore myself on.

Shooper-- ahaha the second picture!!

Still a work in progress, but I'm finally posting some photos of the cage because I'm excited. The top is aspen shavings because I messed up on the liner.
Oops! Tee hee. Oh, and some close-ups of Christine's swing and Riku in his favorite position in the tube which I only managed to catch while the cover was in the wash.
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Last edited:
Oh drat, they wouldn't come up while I was posting, but they're embedded in the post. I've been having trouble adding attachments, but I'll try.

Attachments

• sharing toys.jpg
    sharing toys.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 212
  • riku nap.jpg
    riku nap.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 234
  • attic.jpg
    attic.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 240
  • basement doors.jpg
    basement doors.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 225
  • MY wheel.jpg
    MY wheel.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
I love that loofah hanging toy you have on the door of your cage..where did you get it? Ruby LOVES loofah and she would absolutely adore something like that!

its been 5 months but i finally ordered my fn!!!! i cant wait for it to come in!!! i got it on amazon warehouse for only $188.99 with free shipping and no tax!!!!!

awwwww! that nap in the tube shot is priceless!
so they'll share toys but tussle over the wheel, eh? lol.

Isn't that the cutest?! I've seen him many times but he usually gets huffy when I pull out the camera. Laundry day he just happened to be konked out. The wheel is the number one toy in our house. Riku's been on it since the first few minutes and Toki tried to pretend he wasn't interested for a while, but the truth is out. They try to share a lot which never works very well. LOL

I love that loofah hanging toy you have on the door of your cage..where did you get it? Ruby LOVES loofah and she would absolutely adore something like that!

Actually, I made that. I wanted more non-straight toys. I like to recycle so have been reusing the wires I get from the shreddie bird toys I've bought to bend into horizontal toys or circular ones and try different things to see what they'll like. That one I used the loofah nibbles I bought from Allie sandwiched with some super pet wood the were neglecting and the other round one in the bottom I drilled pumice and used the ocitillo Allie sent me for a similar sandwich.

i do that too, re-use the wires and chains from toys that have been demolished. or if Rhino doesn't seem to care for a particular hanging toy i'll take everything off the wire/chain and put different things on. Allie's loofah nibblets are perfect for stringing on a wire!

Latest posts

Back