The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww they are so cute! Glad to see they are enjoying their swing! The picture in the tube is precious!

They LOVE it! They've already whittled away at the cardboard toys and I must say, I love the way you have the toys sort of sandwiched in the middle.
I was so excited to get that photo. Riku actually just slept right through all the photos which is fabulous because usually both boys hate the camera and will just turn their backs to me. Gotcha!

lol well no one answered the critter nation vs ferret nation thing for me and i got restless... so i called about 8 petsmarts, petcos, petsupermarkets etc and ended up giving up on finding a critter nation and bought the ferret nation my chinchilla loves it :) but i was wondering does anyone know where to buy woods safe for chinchillas? i couldnt think of any stores that sell large apple sticks or boards let me know if anyone has any ideas!!!

look on here under chinchilla supplies for sale and there will be a grandmaster list of places that sell stuff for chinchillas specifically. also if you go under there a lot of people are selling ledges and wood out of their homes.

Well I finally got the FNs set up for the most part. Still working on getting the bass pans, wheels, and 1 liner set.

pets2011005-1.jpg

pets2011004-2.jpg

pets2011003-2.jpg

pets2011002-3.jpg

pets2011001-3.jpg

These cages look great! :clap1:

I'm saving the money up to get one for my chin, I'm so excited :)

Does anyone know where to get one in Canada though? I can't find any website that ships to Canada but Petsmart, and I was kinda hoping to get one cheaper than 250$

I just found out Amazon delivered my cage, today!!! I'm excited, but unfortunately, everything else I've ordered hasn't arrived, yet... I placed an order for metal pans from bassequipment... Does anyone have an idea on how long they usually take to ship?... I'm in San Diego, CA. if that helps, any...

So I was pleasantly suprised to find out my metal pans from bass equipment has arrived, as well!!!... I ordered both on the 24th, and coincidentally, they both arrived, today... I'm happy... I hope to pick up fleece liners, etc, from AnnieO, soonish... I'm expecting other things like ledges and such, but they haven't arrived, yet... Is there a specific cleaner people use to sanitize cages?... Or any other tips for a new owner with a new FN142?....

I have a question about tile. I know people who tile just wipe it off and it's easy to clean, but do you ever have a problem with pee leaking into the cracks between the tiles and getting gross?

I honestly don't see much difference, other than the accessories it comes with and that it is now a "no tools" assembly. Not sure how that would effect the stability.

im about to get my fn and I am trying to order fleece to cover all of the plastic, but I cannot find the dimensions anywhere. i think the bottom ones are 23x35 but what about the big shelve-like things that they have????

I've got 3 chins...1 male standard grey (snuggles), 1 male white mosaic (coconut), and 1male ebony (kong).

The original plan was to put them together (already had the white and the ebony)....but the grey one DOES NOT like other chins so snuggs had to have his own mansion which I refer to as Chintopia. I've just recently learned of Bass Equipment despite owning my chins for several years and have the pans on order- Bless you bass equipment, bless you!

CHINTOPIA:
11ju006.jpg

2ytquc8.jpg

vqsf8j.jpg

2m360r5.jpg

For their supplies I tend to try to buy in bulk (cheaper and I usually need to have most shipped in since you can only find small containers of this and that at the petstores and their way too overpriced imo).

Dust 50Lb Sparkle--> Comes from ReyersonChinchilla (I like his supplement too) http://www.ryersonchinchilla.com/arc_011.htm

Hay 50Lb Cubes--> Comes from TSC (Used to get fresh from farmer daves, but would trigger my asthma horribly).
http://www.tractorsupply.com/premium-alfalfa-cubes-5050157

Food 50Lb Mazuri--> Comes from either the local lawn&garden store or pet feed store (just depends on who has it and whose cheaper).

Litter 60Lb Carefresh--> I usually get from Petco using the bigcrumbs click through and an online coupon code. I typically end up paying $13.47 +tx for a bag (and that includes the shipping).

Snacks are usually a raisin, apple stick, etc--> I usually get my apple sticks/branches from Farmer Dave who also sales on Ebay.
http://www.farmerdave.biz/servlet/StoreFront

Latest posts

Back