The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is always interesting to see different decorating styles on this thread. I am impressed everytime I see new pics, and how nice we all make our baby cages for the little balls of fluff!

Wow where did you get that hanging palm tree toy? That is great!

I just got my ferret nation.. i'll post pictures when we get it up and i fix it up. I wish i could fix things nice like you guys, but i don't have that great an eye.:hair:

jean

Wow where did you get that hanging palm tree toy? That is great!

Here is the website its made by a memeber on here... great price for the size!
http://yummychinchillatoys.com/all_chewtoys.html
They are 4.25 each. I also bought my hanging ledges from her and you cant see it bc of the fleece but the top level has here super ledge in the back also.

:dance3: Thxs guys. It took me a while to get everything but I'm happy I have it allllmost done! Oh yah poo... always around for some reason :impatient:

Ok, I finally finished most parts of my new FN for my babies, still need hidey house for boys and few more marble tiles, then maybe switch to water buddies, etc...I just realized it's so hard to stop thinking new decos for them, LOL~
So here I am, officially joining FN club and humbly post pics as offering, LOL~

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I can't get Mummble and Totoro(mom & kit) to stay still and post for me, because they were busy inspecting their new department(for 3+hours last night, and yes I was sitting by the cage and watching all these time~LOL~), only got 1 shot at Mummble when she's on the bridge trying to nibble the hanging toy, she got mad at me for interupting and gave me this (I dare you to go away)look~

picture.php

NewchinMom - How do you like that wheel? I want the saucer, but can't afford it, and saw the one you have and am highly considering it.

Also, I had that water bottle and ended up having a TON of problems with it, I'm not sure if you've been using it for a while, but keep your eye open for issues. It wouldn't let my poor chinnies get water out of it :( I didn't notice until the next day when I went to touched their bottle and they both ran over and tried hard to get water :(

NewchinMom - How do you like that wheel? I want the saucer, but can't afford it, and saw the one you have and am highly considering it.

Also, I had that water bottle and ended up having a TON of problems with it, I'm not sure if you've been using it for a while, but keep your eye open for issues. It wouldn't let my poor chinnies get water out of it :( I didn't notice until the next day when I went to touched their bottle and they both ran over and tried hard to get water :(

My boys like their wheel and using it most part of the night, but it's not quiet so if you have your cage in bedroom then this might not work for you..
I'm using Superpet water bottles right now, but it leaks pretty bad...a lot of members here highly recommend Water buddies, and I've read the instructions online, it says you need to "educate" your chins to try get water from it, but it doesn't leak and seems sanitize enough(of course you still need to clean the bottle regularly), so I'm trying to save up to get 2 + bottle guards. Does your chins know how to get water from it yet?

I have the same water bottle as you do with the little duckie.
My chins use it and have never had any problems with it. BUT their breeder showed them how to use water bottles before I bought them... maybe that makes a difference. I have felt the area under mine but I put carefresh in that area of the cage so maybe thats why I've never had a problem... Mine drips a little right after I full it but thats about all :D

I have the Leo B wheel and I thought mine at first was super silent then I tried to sleep lol. I have since zip tied the HECK out of this wheel. The wheel its self IS silent on mine... but they give you a 1/2 inch gap connection to the cage so it slides ... hence the zip ties (helps it A LOT).

My boys like their wheel and using it most part of the night, but it's not quiet so if you have your cage in bedroom then this might not work for you..
I'm using Superpet water bottles right now, but it leaks pretty bad...a lot of members here highly recommend Water buddies, and I've read the instructions online, it says you need to "educate" your chins to try get water from it, but it doesn't leak and seems sanitize enough(of course you still need to clean the bottle regularly), so I'm trying to save up to get 2 + bottle guards. Does your chins know how to get water from it yet?

I've been using the Superpet water bottles since I first got my chins, they never have any problems drinking(maybe because I didn't fill it all the way?), and their old cage has wired bottom so minor drip wasn't a problem. But now they're in FN and I switched to liners, I've noticed wet spot in that area and every time I opened the door(both bottles are on doors) to clean the cage, the water will start to drip on the floor, and it's even worse when my boys are using wheel because that shakes the cage a bit...and Totoro likes to stay underneath the water bottle sometimes, I'm so afraid she might get wet and eventually develop fungus...So I will get water buddies as soon as I can.

xcoronaangel, I saw your Leo B wheel and it looks sooo good! I checked Ebay often enough but somehow didn't see that deal, lucky you! LOL~ I'm considering a flying saucer for my girls, right now they just get extra playtime than the boys. I know mommy Mummble will enjoy either wheel or saucer but Totoro is still young and very nosy, I'm afraid she will get caught in between wheel/cage or under saucer, so girls have to wait a bit longer~

these cages are scary good :D lol I need one of you to come help me with mine. Sorry couldn't fine a good picture of mine, but yours look great!

I can now join the club! :)

I recently got a ferret nation f142, and I have no idea where to start!
I have a bonded pair(puff daddy / cookie) on top and their baby(miles) on the bottom.

They are extremely messy, and kick out all the bedding so I'm looking at fleece liners.

Basically here's what I need;
Two fleece liner's;
Two new pans(ferret nation company sent them cracked on the edges)
Some hidey houses
Some wheels(I've heard of chin spins and ed wheels but geez thats a 110 dollars for two!)
Shelves
Metal food holders
Wooden ladders
Hammocks

Thats really all I can think of, and really any website's are helpful!
Thanks.

I recently got a ferret nation f142, and I have no idea where to start!
I have a bonded pair(puff daddy / cookie) on top and their baby(miles) on the bottom.

They are extremely messy, and kick out all the bedding so I'm looking at fleece liners.

Basically here's what I need;
Two fleece liner's;
Two new pans(ferret nation company sent them cracked on the edges)
Some hidey houses
Some wheels(I've heard of chin spins and ed wheels but geez thats a 110 dollars for two!)
Shelves
Metal food holders
Wooden ladders
Hammocks

Thats really all I can think of, and really any website's are helpful!
Thanks.

Welcome joining the club! Now we need to see pics of your chinnies~;)
Most of the items you want/need, you can find them at classified section, lots of members here make/sell them. As for the wheels, check your local craigslist and check classified here often if you're looking for used ones.
If noise won't be an issue then you can try wheels made by forchinatechins, it's not quiet but it's decent and sturdy. http://www.geocities.com/forchinatechins/chincessories.htm

One more thing, if you keep the bonding pair of mom and pa together, be prepared for more babies popping out and more cages/rooms/supplies you will need.

Geesh...I thought this was just a club, but I see it is The Club! What great cage set-ups. So many ideas...the creative juices are really flowing now. Why didn't anyone direct me to this thread ;) I love what ya'll do with your furballs habitats...think I'll have to rearrange Krickett's...(she wishes she were a chin) and I'm sure even though she doesn't have a FN, she'll be happy to pretend she's part of the club...

Re; I can join now! :)

First off, thanks for the reply rebecca, I appreciate, and yes I know they will have kit's, I plan on getting Puff neautered when cookie goes into heat again,( ha she shows signs of being in heat like no other chin!:rofl:)

Anyways, I'll show you some pictures as well as the a little background info behind how I got them!

My first Chin is puff daddy, he's a silver mosaic. I got him from petco when I decided a ferret wasn't for me. I went to the little cage all three of them were in and put my hand in there and guess what, he was the first to run up too me. But he was sick! :cry3: He had severe dihreaa, and it was stuck in his fur. But, faithfully I nursed him back to health and he's my favorite spunky little critter.

Well up next my first female cookie leah. I had been looking for a bigger cage for my chin puff and a breeder contacted me in my area that lived only 5 miles away and said for 50 she's yours! I was still in school at that time and it broke my heart having to leave him alone all day so I said what the heck let's do it, and now I have a chin who thinks she's the queen of the house!:rofl:

Lastly is mile's, my baby boy. I got him from the same breeder who said she needed a cage, so we had a trade. He is my last chin and is rougly 6 months old. He hate's being held or picked up(Which sucks because the other two like being puff on my huge bed and love popcorning on the pillows!) but he does love a nice massage or scratch.

Well anyways back to the thread; I plan on definately buying two wheels, some hidey houses, and some fleece this weekend. I just need to sell those 3 extra cages! And I'll just get the hammocks and such later.

I included the picture's, hope you enjoy them! :)

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 382
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 282
Shawn - That Third picture is awesome. "I'm a very ANGRY chin!"

I don't want to take away from the thread, but just wanted to point out that it would be a good idea to dump that seed stick hanging in the background. Seeds are not great for chins as they can't really digest them, and the sticks are loaded with honey, which is sugar that a chin doesn't need and can't digest either.

Also, if the yellow stuff is hamster fluff, that's not safe for chins (or hamsters for that matter).

I love the ferret nation cages. I think they are an excellent buy for the money.

Re; Re; I can joy the club now! :)

Thanks, I'll take that stuff out tonight!
My mom think's it is quite "Cute" to see them work for a treat.

I can keep the critter tube in their though? I've done re search and all they are is just cardboard w/ a flavor on the outer shell.

But that's not what they really get for treat's. They each get 2-3 shreaded cherios or some burnt/charred toast :).

Also, you have to see this picture of cookie, the way she gets caught stretching!
Aha.

ANYWAYS! Any interior designers outthere lmao.

Picture's or suggestions welcomed.
Also, he was mad because I took his old apple twigs away(they had been in there for maybe 2 or 3 days) and replaced them with new ones. He has to re start the chewing process all over again lmao.

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 222

Latest posts

Back