Text tellemarketing?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadebf700

I got my second text message last night from a 316-849-3761. Some telemarketing message saying...

"Homeowners, we can lower mortage payment by doing a Loan Moification. Late on payments OK. No equity OK. May we give you a call? Loanmod-gov.org"

Has this happened to anyone else and anyone know how to make it stop? I know my mom has said she has gotten the same calls. She is on AT&T as well. I substitute teach so my phone needs to start staying on to ring at night and the last text I got was at 2:32AM! Part of me wants to call AT&T and find out how people's number may have gotten out. Any suggestions?

Also, I have not clicked on the website because I am affraid of having information stolen by it or something.

That's the thing, they aren't calling the phone, they are texting it.

I got my first telemarketing text last week. I can get rid of all my credit card debt....though I have no credit cards!

UGH.

I shut off that feature on my cell, just because of it! Also I get charged per word, or $10 a month for unlimited text - ingound or out - forget that!! 20% more!!

ugh this just started on my phone too. I'm already on the do not call list but I guess it doesn't work for text.

Yeah, I keep getting them, mainly from hotmail/msn mail. And I don't recall linking my hotmail TO my phone # because I barely use it. I'm also on ATT. Ugh.

I'm already on the do not call list but I guess it doesn't work for text.

Apparently it doesn't work for landlines either. We have been on the do not call list for 3 months and still, about 98% of calls on our landline are from telemarketers

Apparently it doesn't work for landlines either. We have been on the do not call list for 3 months and still, about 98% of calls on our landline are from telemarketers

Do you know that you can register compaints with the do not call number. If you go to DOnotcall.gov you can register everyone that calls you and inform them that you are doing so. Start taking information and the company gets fined.

I just don't know what to do with these darn texts. I substitute teach and need to leave me phone on at night. I would prefer not to be woken up by a 2AM text!

Are you all able to restrict calls and text messages from certain numbers?

Brittney, I was able to stop the calls with my landline phone. And yes jadebf700 I knew about the DOnotcall.gov website.My aunt told me about it but I forgot about it

donotcall takes a few months for it to kick in, depending on when the telemarketers get their forbidden phone number lists. I think it says so on the site when you sign up.

My mom had really bad text-marketing right after she got her phone. The phone company told her there was nothing she could do about it, and they told her that she was still going to be charged for the texts. Because she had literally gotten the phone a couple weeks before, and no-one had the number yet other than direct family, they gave her a new phone number for free. But this option is not going to work for someone who already has a phone. I would think the only way to deal with this is to turn off texting (maybe you can set it so only people whose numbers are saved on your phone can text you?)

I know with AT&T they charge 5 bucks a month to restrict incoming and outgoing calls/texts to certain numbers. I would be hard pressed to think that just turning off the texting feature would stop them from sending them. They will still come through even if I do not have it on my plan. That and I text too much to take it off :)

I am wondering who else is having the texting issue that is on AT&T or maybe one of it's other companies (if it has them.) If most of the issues are AT&T then I wonder if someone let AT&T's number leak. If you all who are having problems could let me know, I really want to call AT&T if it is mostly them and find out why they let numbers leak...

The Mlive.com one might prove to be worth it. I have gotten two texts so far but who's to say there won't be more. They are from a mobile number so I don't think I can do anything about blocking them but it seems I may be able to get some money out of it... I just have to read more and find out how...

Looky what I found... If anyone else is getting texts or anything from loanmod-gov.org...

Here is the Website's Owners info form "whois iplookup" Let her Know how you feel!! linkhttp://whois.domaintools.com/loanmod-gov.org Registrant Name:Iris Hansen Registrant Organization:Impact Financial Registrant Street1:8495 Redwood Creek Lane Registrant Street2: Registrant Street3: Registrant City:San Diego California Registrant State/Province:California Registrant Postal Code:92126 Registrant Country:US Registrant Phone: 1.7602132419 Registrant Email: [email protected] Admin and tech info is the same person.

I don't know if someone may have set this person up or something but domain names have to be registered...

Back