Super Mario themed cage!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznmexaggie

Chinchilla Chateau
Here are some pictures of Reepicheep's cage and his Mario-themed accessories! All the fleece items were made by gella. Aren't they great?!

DSC06227.jpg

DSC06228.jpg

DSC06231.jpg

DSC06240.jpg

DSC06256.jpg

OMG!! Hahahaha, that is GREAT! Your attention to detail is just fantastic. I hope shortly after these themed cages really take off that they do a fun contest. "Best of" sort of thing. I love this!

that is so awesome!!

how crazy, my fiance is playing super mario brothers for wii right now, lol.

That theme would fit perfectly when i get my next chin who will be named Yoshi but he will hopefully going in with Domo and BamBam who have the philadelphia eagles theme going on.

love it!

Thats a great theme. I wanna do food theme, like a burger house or a pizza hammock, but yours is REALLY cool!

Awww. I don't feel original anymore! I was talking about this exact thing with my husband last night since all my babies are named after video game characters. Apparently someone thought of it first!

It looks fantastic. :D

where did you get that corner pan? I want one (or three) to try out!

I love the piranha plant pipe!

doot, doot, doot, doot doo do doo, doot do do doot do doot do do doo dooooo. Not sure how coherent that is typed out online. lol.

very cool, litter training

I love the cage. I've been wanting to get something new for mine. I see that you have a lot of fleece in your cage and a littler box. I always thought that you couldn't potty train them. Would you mind telling me how you go about that and how well they do with it?

Aw Reepicheep looks so happy in his fancy themed cage - even if he doesn't want to be friends with the mushroom haha!

Thanks Gella, Reep loves his stuff... and I think he secretly cuddles with the mushroom when I'm not around, lol.

This is actually my first experience with fleece liners and a litter box and Reep is actually picking up very quickly that he needs to use his litter box to urinate. I used a bit of his old dirty shavings and put it in the box with clean shavings. The fact that the litter pan is in the corner (where most chins tend to urinate) and also smelled like his urine, taught him to return to that spot to urinate. Unfortunately, chins can't be trained to poo in the litter pans because they constantly poop... but poos are easy to vaccum up. This week he has not urinated on his fleece liner at all! He's getting really good about using his litter box.

I did not enjoy fleece liners without the litter box though. I found that I could smell urine much more and the liners smelled really bad. I will not use liners with a chin who will not learn to use the litter box.

I got the metal corner litter pan from somebody who has a friend who does metal-working. I recently found out that a man who makes rabbit cages in my town also makes metal rabbit litter pans (he makes regular rectangular boxes as well as corner pans)... he also makes me replacement pull-out pans for my cages. I have never seen a metal litterbox in the petstores though.

I love the cage. I've been wanting to get something new for mine. I see that you have a lot of fleece in your cage and a littler box. I always thought that you couldn't potty train them. Would you mind telling me how you go about that and how well they do with it?

If they're already peeing on shavings, it's not hard at all to convert them to using a litter pan. Took my guys about a week, maybe 10 days, to get the idea.

I got the metal corner litter pan from somebody who has a friend who does metal-working. I recently found out that a man who makes rabbit cages in my town also makes metal rabbit litter pans (he makes regular rectangular boxes as well as corner pans)... he also makes me replacement pull-out pans for my cages. I have never seen a metal litterbox in the petstores though.

Is this a person that one could contact? Manteca isn't exactly *close* but it's not *that* far either...

I recently found out that a man who makes rabbit cages in my town also makes metal rabbit litter pans (he makes regular rectangular boxes as well as corner pans)... he also makes me replacement pull-out pans for my cages. I have never seen a metal litterbox in the petstores though.
Sumiko, any idea how much he charges for the corner litter pans? And, if I can afford it, is there any chance you could bring them with you to Frazier Park? ;)

I found this website that offers metal litter pans. They are for rabbits and don't come in corner shaped but I'm sure they would be easy to convert.

Yesterday, I visited the man in Manteca who makes my slide-out pans for me and asked about buying the litter pans. I must have misunderstood him last time - he said he makes the rectangular ones but no longer makes the corner ones. He used to make the corner ones but said they weren't cost-effective as they took a lot of labor and he doesn't have the correct equipment to do it efficiently.

I did ask him to make me some hay racks and these nice sifter J-feeders with a compartment for hay. I can bring these to the show but at this point, unless I can find someone else local who can make the corner pans, I probably won't have these at the show.

Where did you get that food bowl that hangs on the side of the cage? I have been trying to find that for so long!

Back