Stacked or flat carriers?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TillyChinchilla

I'm needing to purchase a 6-hole carrier before my move in late December, and I was wondering if the flat Ryerson-style carriers or the stacked carriers are better. The stacked seems best for traveling, since my dog and hamster also have to be in the car to save room. I am worried about it tipping, though- as we only have a sedan.

Thanks!

I always place the carrier in the seat and put the seat belt though the handle to keep it from moving around.

I much prefer stacked! I have a 6 hole, and it's soooo long! I got it used though, so that's why I bought it since I got a good price. But if I were to buy a new one I would definitely go with a stacked, it saves so much space in the car.

Great, thank you both. I had figured I could use the seat belt but I for some reason forgot they had a handle to use with it. My girls are jerks and will have a plastic cat carrier chewed through within the two hour drive, wouldn't be the first time.

I also prefer stacked. Right now I only own a 2 hole ride by side, but plan on investing in a 6 hole stacked in the near future.

Back