Spring Field Day-Frazier Park, CA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, for the information, Tabitha. He should be able to use crutches for the stairs and his walker inside. The rest of the time, he will be using the scooter. He is all hyped up about going. It will be three of us, my son, the hubby and me. See you all there!

I am heading out in a couple of hours and will have very little cell reception on the drive. If you need anything, please call Rod and Donna at 661-245-1232! I will post results when I get home tomorrow night, but I don't believe we will have wireless internet or reception on many of the phones...so results will have to wait for this show. See you all there!

I tried to post results earlier, but for some reason I was unable to log onto CnH.

We had a small show with 12 exhibitors and 66 chinchillas in the show with 8 chinchillas entered in the baby derby/cutest chinchilla contest!

First and foremost I want to thank Rod and Donna. They not only let us use their barn for the show, but Rod drove down to Bakersfield to pick up rental tables and chairs and will be taking them back after the show. Donna and Chris (Nan's husband) made us all a fantastic breakfast so that we could start our day off right! We had scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage and bacon...it was a breakfast feast! Donna also did a wonderful little grooming class and demonstration. Thanks to Sumiko for helping me keep track of points and Shahna for taking over ribbon duty. It was a small show, but as with any show it was hectic and I appreciated all the help! Danny and Cara did a wonderful job with animal handling and lending a second opinion to our judge when she needed some nitpicky opinions judging those tough mutations! I hope everyone had a fantastic time and learned something that they can take home.

On to the results!

Since we had such a small show, we split our standards into four classes...

Standard Class 1:
CC Nan Ebiner
RCC None

Standard Class 2:
CC RDZC Ranch
RCC Nan Ebiner

Standard Class 3:
CC RDZC Ranch
RCC Chinchilla Chateau

Standard Class 4:
CC Chinchilla Chateau
RCC Nan Ebiner (bred by Darkstar)

GSC: Class 4 CC Chinchilla Chateau
RGSC: Class 4 RCC Nan Ebiner (Bred by Darkstar)

Now on to the mutation show!

White Class:
CC Cuddlebug Chinchillas
RCC Ridge Chinchillas

Sapphire Class:
None (3 sapphire shown, two took 1st but they were not in good enough condition for CC)

Violet Class:
CC Chinchillas QED (bred by RDZC Ranch)
RCC RDZC Ranch

Beige Class:
CC Chinchilla Chateau
RCC Chinchilla Chateau

Ebony Class:
CC Cuddlebug Chinchillas
RCC NONE

Black Velvet Class:
CC RDZC Ranch
RCC Nan Ebiner

GSC Mutation: Beige CC Chinchilla Chateau
RGSC Mutation: Beige RCC Chinchilla Chateau

For our baby derby, we had 8 entries!

1st place went to an adorable little tan baby from Cornellia (Cuddlebug chinchillas)! She won a danish donut donated by Annie O. (Chinchic), two rectangular fleece buddies donated by myself, a rainbow fleece bed, and a rainbow fleece ledge donated by Ridge Chinchillas.

2nd place went to a cute mosaic male owned by Jinn and Ryan! Bubble won an awesome set of VERY manly pink toys donated by AZ Chins! ;)

3rd place was a tie between our adorable earless chinnie-boy, Gopher (owned by Nancy) and a rotund ebony lady (owned by me!). Roots won some chew donated by AZ Chins and Gopher won a wonderful blue set of toys donated by AZ Chins!

Lastly, we had a HUGE new winner at the show. Jutta was taking home ALL of the prizes! She won half of the raffle table (not much...I think we forgot our gifts!) and also won the 50/50 raffle which gave her $52! Congratulations and I hope you had a lot of fun with us today!

I was only able to take a few photos of the standards before I was sent off in a frenzy. I will post what I have tomorrow. Tonight...I am pooped!

I had a great time at the show! It was such an educational field day and everyone got a chance to go up and evaluate a class of animals. I think we all learned a lot and it was so beneficial, I'm going to be planning some hands-on animal evaluation practice for the attendees (and the judges, of course) at the National ECBC Annual Meeting as well.

A huge thank you to Rod and Donna for hosting the event at their ranch. It worked out perfectly in their old chin barn and we all enjoyed a nice breakfast before the show as well! We also had a sandwich bar to fix our own sandwiches for lunch. I'm always starving at the shows and never have a chance to eat so it was nice to keep my growling stomach at bay. Ha ha.

Thanks to Tabitha for organizing the event. I had a great time!

I'm attaching a few of the pictures I took. Hopefully someone took more because I only snapped a few during some of the classes!

Attachments

• DSC_0646.jpg
    DSC_0646.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0654.jpg
    DSC_0654.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0655.jpg
    DSC_0655.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 17
Here are a few more. I only got pics of the beiges (my three beige entries are on the left side of the pic!) and the violet class.

Attachments

• DSC_0661.jpg
    DSC_0661.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0656.jpg
    DSC_0656.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 11
I had a great time at the show. A big thank you goes out to Rod and Donna for inviting me into their home the day before the show, feeding me and letting me set up the night before the show. Couldn't have asked for better hosts. Also, what a huge relief it was to meet everyone and get the first timer jitters out of the way. I learned soooo much this weekend, and can't wait for the next time to roll around. Another thing that was really nice was hearing Donna judging my little tan male and state that he was a dwarf. Now I can finally stop debating with myself whether or not he is one (even if it did earn him the only 5th place given of the entire event :) )

I attached the few pictures I took.

Attachments

• 20130413_103440.jpg
    20130413_103440.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20130413_103501.jpg
    20130413_103501.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20130413_112310.jpg
    20130413_112310.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20130413_144806.jpg
    20130413_144806.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20130413_150009.jpg
    20130413_150009.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 18
I would like to say thanks to everyone who made this show possible. It may have been small, but it was a lot of fun and very educational. I, my husband and our son learned a lot. I wasn't expecting to be called up to help judge but I am glad I was. There is no better way to learn than hands on. I am tickled at how well we did and very surprised that the hubby insisted that we buy the mutation GSC from Sumiko. I keep going back to the chin room to make sure he is still there. Thanks again!

I think I need to check my camera and post pictures. My son said he took a few. I will post them in the next day or two.

We had a nice time. Sumiko always has nice animals. Next time there is a participant judging, please call my husband up. A big thanks for Donna and Rod for letting us have it at their house, breakfast, judging and of course MC.

Ok, will do, Nan! :) Will you two be coming to the National Meeting/Educational Seminars in Sacramento this November? That will be a weekend of LOTS of learning and more judging practice. We are hosting this National event in leiu of having a fall field day.

Just a couple of pictures that my son took of some of the chinchillas. I wish he would have taken more of other peoples chins, LOL. The beige was bred by Sumiko and went home with me. He is the grand show champion. In another picture you can see the white color class and reserve color class champions along with the ebony color class champion. The other picture is of the baby derby winner, my sweet little tan girl, Guinan.

Attachments

• P1015279.jpg
    P1015279.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P1015277.jpg
    P1015277.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P1015272.jpg
    P1015272.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 10
Back