Southern ECBC Unit Field Day 2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetnessheart

Southern Unit of the Ohio Branch ECBC
2nd Annual ECBC Field Day

DATE: January 15th, 2011

CITY & STATE: Kings Mountain, North Carolina

722 York Road
Kings Mountain, NC 28086

Room Rate: 2 Double Bed - $59.99 plus tax
King Bed - $59.99 plus tax One time Pet Fee - $15.00

*Before making reservations say you are with Southern ECBC Chinchilla Show to get special rate*
Hotel Questions: [email protected]

SHOW TYPE: Standard 10 Class Show and Mutation Show
Limit: 20 Standards 20 Mutations per ranch
Optional Claiming ($50.00 minimum bid, no top limit –
10 % goes back to Unit)
Baby Derby (over 10 weeks – less than 4 months)
Multiple Ribbons and Trophies

JUDGE: Ralph Shoots

SHOW CONTACT: Janice Barrett – (843) 908-1492

REGISTRATION: $4.00 per animal for members - $5.00 per animal for non-members
$4.00 per animal for Baby Derby
$10.00 per Vendor table
Admission: $5.00 per family if no animal is entered

GROOMING: Starting at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 15th
Quality Inn Conference/Meeting Room
Morning entry and Grooming must be completed by 10:00 a.m.

SHOW TIME: Immediately following Grooming

SPECIAL EVENTS: 50/50 Raffle
Door Prizes
Vendor Tables

I have confirmed the ability to come :D I'd like to show a few, but I have nooo idea where to start or how and would probably get laughed at. I will definitely be looking for a few good standard males. I would also be looking for a violet. Maybe for breeding, maybe pet only. I haven't decided whether or not i'm ready to work with saphires and violets yet, but I love violets :D

You won't be laughed at Erin. :) Everyone needs to start somewhere. I went last year and everyone was very nice.

I was at the one in Statesville, also. I felt sort of akward though, I didn't know anything or what to do :p Overall, it was a great experience though. The funniest thing was, I didn't know you could hold a chin by the base of it's tail, until I saw Ralph holding like..10 upside down at a time xD

The first time I showed mine, I was concerned that they were too small and not good enough. But they did alot better than I expected, so bring your chins and give them a chance to 'shine'. If you have any questions at the show, you can find me and I'll be happy to help you out. (I sit at the score keeping table)

Cheryl

Don't worry about not knowing what to do! We have all been there!!! ;) Just ask for help!! Registration is pretty much the same for all shows.

We are going to have signs this year to let everyone know where the show is being held. Last year the show room was at the lower level of the hotel and no signs...so this year we are going to bring a sign!

I will be bringing a few male standards that are from Shoots lines that will be up for claim. Something to consider, Erin?

Just beginning to work on show books. If you're interested in putting an ad in the show books, contact me with more information. Send me a link to your ad or I can create one for you. Ads will be in black in only, no color available this time around. Fees can be sent through Paypal to [email protected] . Ads must be in no later than January 1st.

$5 half page
$10 full page

:bump1:

Show book ads are due January 1st, so get in touch with me soon if you're interested :)

I'll be bringing a few supplies to sell at the show and can bring custom orders if you give me enough time to make it before the show.

I have a few questions, I went to the show in Statesville last year, but I didn't show. Do I have to show up at 6 or can I show up around 9? I am wanting to enter a few into the show this year. (Probably only 4 or so) It's a 3 hour drive and I dont thing my parent's want to wake up at 3am xD The other thing is, I don't know how to groom nor do I have combs. Is that okay? Gah lol Oh and one more things, can I register with ECBC at the show? and how much is it?

I have a few questions, I went to the show in Statesville last year, but I didn't show. Do I have to show up at 6 or can I show up around 9? I am wanting to enter a few into the show this year. (Probably only 4 or so) It's a 3 hour drive and I dont thing my parent's want to wake up at 3am xD The other thing is, I don't know how to groom nor do I have combs. Is that okay? Gah lol Oh and one more things, can I register with ECBC at the show? and how much is it?

Hey there Erin

You're going to want to come early, especially if you're unfamilar with grooming or the paperwork involved.

Have you considered riding along with someone? I know many people carpool and share rooms at the hotel when possible.

You have to be done grooming by 10am - I would factor in at least 20-30 minutes per chin for grooming especially since it is your first time.
Someone will be willing to lend you combs and help you (I can if i'm done grooming) but that's another reason to show up early so the person helping you can get their chins done and help you get yours done before 10.

The cost for showing is $4 for members and $5 for non members. You don't have to be a member to show at a field event. Nor are there ear tags for field events.

i will be able to make it! showing a handful as well. also have two for the baby derby!!

Back