so excited!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinnyMom

slave to Rhino and Guss
i may be adding a second chin to my home soon!

answered a kijiji ad in August about a black velvet male that needed a new home. the person was really wanting to sell the chin and cage/supplies together but i don't need a third cage or extra supplies (i have sooo much stuff for Rhino already!), so i mentioned to them that i would gladly take the chin and give him a wonderful home in my second cage until/if the new chin and Rhino would be successfully introduced. if they don't want to live together i am fully ready for two cages, separate play times and all.

there's been a few ads in my area for chins, but 99% of the time they are standard greys and as vain as it may sound, i want my chins to be different colours. lol.

just waiting to hear back on when i can go take a look at Guss, the black velvet. will keep y'all posted!

:dance3:

Yay Chinnymom! Hope Guss is a good match for you and Rhino! :D Can't wait to hear your news!

well folks............

I am now the proud slave of an adorable black velvet 1 year old boy chin!

going to give him some time to settle in and then i'll post photos

:dance3:

Congrats!! Are you keeping the same name? Can't wait to see pictures!!
And I can't wait to pick up my own black velvet boy :p

Haha whenever I hear the name gus I think of gus gus from cinderella.
Congratulations on your new addition.
Can't wait to see pictures :)

ok, i cheated and snuck one quick photo as i was giving him some hay :))

Image0690.jpg

temporary little rabbit cage that came with him (the carefresh came with it, no sense in switching that when he's going into a different cage tonight), and that cereal box is just so he has somewhere to go hide and relax until i get Rhino's old superpet cage set up tonight.

he's LOVING Oxbow pellets! lol. what you see in that dish was more than half gone about an hour after i took the picture. figured a chin coming off treat food would be turning up his nose at good food.

Last edited:
Awww! Guss is beautiful! Congrats!!

Remember "Zook Zook" from Cinderella! Gus' friend would always say it... LOL. Now I want to watch it for nostalgia. :p

Latest posts

Back