Slipper

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InkedupTara

Do the chinny shuffle!
My Slippers was put to rest on Tuesday:cry3: He had a bladder stone that was lodged in his urethra and after 3 unsuccessful attempts to flush it to the bladder so it could be removed, we decided to put him down.

He was in kindey failure, and the vet was not hopeful any radical surgury to bypass the stone would result in a good outcome.

I miss him terribly.

RIP My Slipper Bippers, I miss you SOO much, baby.

Tara... I AM SO SORRY! :( That is so horrible and I feel so bad that you and Slippers went through this. You made the right decision, but I know that it still hurts so much.

You know that we're here for you should you need someone to talk to. Seriously, call me if you need to talk...I'll cry with you, and then we'll laugh, cry some more.... :) It helps to have people, who understand what you're going through.

I'm so sorry about Slipper,you did the best you could for him and he knows it.
Rest in Peace little man.

Thanks. I still cant get over it, that he is gone. I keep going past the cage, and looking for him out of habit.

Tara, I was so hopeful when you took him in on Monday. I am so sorry, I'm crying with you too. I know how much you love your chinnies. RIP sweet Slippers, *hugs* Tara :(

Thank you Sandi and Peggy. I moved his house over to an empty cage today and of course cried again......

Thanks Susan. His leaving was such a shock, that I just cant, or dont want to process it, I guess..... I want to just curl up and cry.

Crying is the only thing that works, that and lots of time. It's hard to get over them. I had a chin die about eight years ago...I STILL walk into the chin room to talk to her and realize that she isn't there. Some chins I just fall in love with and there's no way that I can shake it off right away.

Slippers was just such a huge part of your life, you're going to miss him for a long long time. Don't let anyone treat you like there is anything wrong with grieving for him. If they make fun of you, just let me know...I will come and beat them up for you. :)

You should go have a talk with my co worker..... Had I not had 12 hours to calm down, she may have ended up in ICU at our work.

Rest peacefully, Slippers.

I know how insensitive people can be, Tara. I had to spend a lot of my time here after losing my babies because this is the only place where everyone understands.

im so sorry, tara.

just know that he's looking down on you and waiting at the rainbow bridge.

*hugs* and dont listen to what others say. they just dont know chinnie love.

Back