Should I introduce them?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyde

I now have 2 chinchillas; Fuyu my baby girl I’ve had since Christmas and Yuki my new little boy I got last month or so. The 30-day quarantine is over and I have already swapped these two and let them roam around in each other’s cages (or bunks as I call them since I got a ferret nation XD )

I'm not too terribly concerned about these two getting along necessarily (I have held both Fuyu and Yuki to each others cages and let them sniff each other without too much aggression being shown :) ) but that if I were to allow for them to have a playtime together that I may end up with babies, even if I supervise it :/

Should I bother or just let these two stay separate?

I have 2 boys and 2 girls, I did the aww so cute they play together and put them in the same cage. Big mistake! They are separated now but I'm still worried my girls can be pregnant. Even play time with supervision can cause pregnancy as a lot of people will tell you it takes seconds for the boys to go at it.

That's what I figured lol I didn't want to chance it, but they seemed to get along fairly well so I thought I'de ask :) Thank you guys! Seperate it is :D

liewwan!!! B4 this post I was reading about your discovery of hair ring checks, ROFL Just wanted to let you know I could'nt stop laughing at the "and all wiggling stoped" post XD Btw I'm in the same boat now :p

Just keep them separate if you don't want complications. They can od do get pregnant during supervised play

liewwan!!! B4 this post I was reading about your discovery of hair ring checks, ROFL Just wanted to let you know I could'nt stop laughing at the "and all wiggling stoped" post XD Btw I'm in the same boat now :p

LOL yeah it was an interesting new discovery. Just felt pretty DUH..... when I realized I've been doing it wrong all along. Not to mention on the typo of ring worm check instead of hair ring checks. Well at least my boys have no hard feelings now :thumbsup:

Hmm, I know this may be the wrong place to post this, but I was wondering do chinchillas shed? Fuyu has some uneven spots in her fur and I was wondering if it was that or over grooming :/ She is active, eating and drinking, nothing abnormal except for those 2 spots on her. Am I being overly parinoid or do I need to make a vet appt? Maybe she is just getting a new coat? :(

No need to take her to the vet. That's fur chewing. Nothing can really be done for it. Sometimes they do it for no reason, though it can be brought on by stress.

No need to take her to the vet. That's fur chewing. Nothing can really be done for it. Sometimes they do it for no reason, though it can be brought on by stress.
Oh thank God! I'm so relieved, I was ready to load her up this morning when I saw it had gotten worse D': There is no way to discourage this behavior? She had me really worried there :p Thank you so much!

Back