Scary fireworks

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mk94

My bunny is cowering in his cage as he hears all the loud bangs and whistles outside. It's a good thing the night is almost over. Anyone else have animals that are afraid of the fireworks? The dog is a little scared, but she seems okay as long as someone is sitting with her. Bunners, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with anyone.

The chins are ok, but a little bit tense when they went off yesterday. So the second they started tonight I gave them a nice relaxing dust bath

One of my chinchillas looked me straight in the face and started barking. He never does that. I realized it was the distant fireworks. Poor guy!

My chin could have cared less. She was busy playing. The dog fell asleep at my feet while we sat outside and watched them.

I kept the music on louder in the house to cover some of the noise for my cats and birds. I don't think my chin was bothered...I never heard a peep from her. My poor dobie, tho, hates the noise and shivered and whimpered and cowered beside us. I had to keep a blanket over him to help keep him a bit calmer. He slept beside us in our bedroom for a couple hours until the fireworks were quiet, and then made his way back out to the couch where he usually sleeps. Poor dog can't take this time of year!!!

If I remember right, I don't think the fireworks bothered my chins at all. Of course they were oblivious to most things anyway, including the vacuum. Hehe... I remember one time my girl wouldn't get out of the way and she got sucked by the vacuum hose. She just kinda turned a looked at it, but she didn't budge.

My dog hates any sort of loud noises, so she cowered in my lap and paced throughout the night while the fireworks were going off.

Flea didn't care. Tik was really on edge and tried to bite me when fed him. Unfortunately, I didn't get home until the bulk of the bangs were over, so I couldn't distract them.

I have to take back my comment about Shelly being ok. I got a good look at her cage this morning. Holy cow! She dug all of her bedding onto one side of her cage. All of her chews where destroyed. She managed to tear through a brand new lava rock. So it seems that was was not as ok as I thought she was.

I recently adopted a rescue dog and I wasn't sure how he would handle the fireworks. He was so scared! He slept right under my arms, and under the blankets all night. When I tried to get him outside to go to the bathroom he would quick go, and run inside.

My chinchilla could care less. She would just hop on top of her fleece tube and watch the dog pace.

Interesting thing with Trixie...she was deinatly not happy with the local fireworks...quite stressed. BUT, on Sunday evening we were watching the Boston Pops fireworks and she actually sat on her perch watching almost the whole thing. I figured it was probably because the music (which she loves) was louder than the actual fireworks. And I know from experience she likes things that sparkle.

I know all of mine would not settle down at all! They tore through chews like nobody's business and were up running around all night, at a faster pace than normal. I don't think I saw my cats at all until the next morning and my dogs were in the bed with me, shaking and whimpering!

We still have dumb people setting off loud ones. It's like they save a few just to aggravate the rest of the neighborhood or something. The dogs were a bit stressed on the 4th, we kept the cats in and the older one just crashed on the sofa.

We didnt have any fireworks close enough to us to really affect our animals. BUT my chins dont seem to care about loud noises cause my dog barks nonstop right near their cage & they seemed unfazed.

If there are loud noises such as fireworks Or trucks driving by or whatever my dog thinks someone is knocking on our door and barks NON stop. so annoying........but i love her.

Latest posts

Back