Rosehips

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy

How often do you guys give your chins rosehips?

Mine tend to like crushed more so can I give them a little piece more frequently than i would give them a whole rosehip?

My chins get a rose hip probably 2 times per week. I am a heavy treat giver--I give a treat a day so they get a small pinch of oats, one half plain shreddie, a dried tri color pasta rotini or rose hip. What I have found with a couple of my chins is I have to bite the rosehip first before they will take it and eat it. I give a supplement twice a month and I have crushed rosehips added to that mixture.

Mine don't care if I give them pieces or a whole. They love them either way. :D

I give them once a week, shreddies twice a week and supplement a few times a month.

Mine get a whole one once a week since I have extras on hand right now. But they normally prefer the crushed. But I would think that you could give the crushed a couple times a week if you only give a couple pieces each time.

i give my babies 1 about twice a week..they never eat the whole thing...they chew half of it, and then they drop the rest...like the pellets =/ so i guess technically they're eating 1 a week =]

Idgie gets a treat after playtime every night. I alternate between pinches of crushed rosehips and rolled oats. So I guess that is every other day. I don't give her whole rosehips.

Back