RIP Zippy 2005-2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zippy's nana

It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I am writing this post tonight. I had to put down my gentle and loving little guy tonight. As some of you remember, Zippy got a terrible case of GI status last September. It was a long, battle to recovery (6 months) but by the grace of God he recovered and was a happy healthy chin. Last week, he got sick again. I took him to the vet right away, and was told that his GI status was back. He was put on pain meds, gut meds, gas meds, lifeline, critical feedings, same thing as 14months ago. My sweet, gentle, loving chin turned aggressive, cried and whined, stopped eating all together, no poops and no longer wanted to run and play in his room. I knew that he was in severe pain despite the medcam. It broke my heart to see him suffering. The vet thought that since the medicine and feedings were making no difference, that he was sure that he had a blockage. I decided to end his suffering and had him put down. It was the hardest thing to do, but I loved him so much that I couldn't bear his suffering anymore. He had no hope of recovering. He is buried in my back yard and I will never forgot all the happy times that we had together. I have decided not to get anymore chins eventho I love the little furballs. I would never get one that was as gentle and friendly as he was. I had him for 4 wonderful years. Rest in peace my little Zippy, I loved you so much.

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Sleep well Zippy.

im so sorry for your loss.

i'll send up a prayer for the 2 of you.

I'm so sorry you had to make that decision. You're a strong person and you did the best you could for little Zippy.
R.I.P Zippy

I am so very sorry about Zippy. How brave to let him go. How much you loved him is clear.

I'm so sorry for your loss and for your having to make the difficult decision to let Zippy go to Chinnie Heaven and be free from pain.

He will love you and watch over you forever. :hearts:

Back