Rice?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikayla

Kind of a strange topic, but as I sit here and eat my rice, covered in soy sauce, I was wondering how everybody out there likes their rice? My mom likes her's with Cinnamon, and milk. Curious, I guess. :neener:

It put butter on mine, or i mix it with cauliflower and brocolli, and or put sweet and sour sauce in it. just depends on my mood!

Depends what ethnicity of food I'm eating with it, but saffron rice (Middle Eastern) is probably my favorite on its own.

Weird. I have never thought to put sweet stuff on rice. Probably because I don't like rice pudding or tapioca-- blech.

I like mine best in hibachi food mmmmm.

Favorite way to eat rice hands down is with an entire vidalia onion sauteed in butter served over the rice--YUM!

It's late, but I totally skipped lunch and dinner...I'm having rice pilaf with pine nuts right now. Yummy... I have to eat something or I will pass out. :D (Eat at normal times...I am a bad example..)

I love rice dishes...but sauteed vidalia onion on rice sounds the best right now...wish I had some onions.

My absolute favorite rice preparation is a casserole my mother made years ago. The rice gets cooked to almost done in one pan while you brown diced onion and green pepper in a couple of tablespoons of butter in another. Then brown off a pound of ground sausage of your chosen spice level. After draining the sausage, it all gets mixed together in a 4 qt. oven safe dish and baked. I'll eat half of it myself if I get the chance.

OMG 3Csmommy that sound good, I am going to try that do you think it could be made in a crock pot??? I love rice cooked in a flavored broth, parsley and onion. Its good under anything, I also love the rice cooked sticky and then I make BBQ pork with plenty of Sweet baby rays BBQ sauce and put that over the rice. Its YUMMY.

Spinich rice thingies

2C leftover rice... any type will do shopping list
1 egg shopping list
1/2-1 c cheddar or amt other shredded cheese shopping list
1/2 bag thawed drained chopped spinach shopping list
"some " of the following: garlic powder, seasoned salt, red pepper flakes , onion flakes shopping list
1/3 c ricotta cheese

Combine all ingredients in a med bowl. spoon into nonstick muffin pan, top with extra chese if desired. Bake @ 350 for 15-17 min.

It depends what kind of rice I'm eating. I grew up eating rice every day and would usually use shoyu (soy sauce) or furikake nori (a salty seasoning with dried seaweed, sesame seeds and dried egg or bonito)... or sheets of nori (seaweed).

I also like rice with butter and salt.

Or, if I'm eating a dish that has a sauce, I put that sauce over the rice too. I especially like my mom's sparerib sauce over rice. Mmm....

Latest posts

Back