Rest in peace, Nutmeg

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CerLynn

Our 2 year-old hamster, Nutmeg, was put to rest today. She was an amazing little girl - she was incredibly sweet and outgoing. She looooved to redecorate her cage on a regular basis and was determined that nothing was going to stop her. She had an accident last January where one of her back legs had to be amputated, and she was such a trooper - it was like nothing ever happened. Unfortunately about 3 weeks ago, she got something in her eye and had to be taken to the vet to get it out and get her on some antibiotic drops. She had been doing great with that and healed up nicely, but recently started retaining fluids. Last night she was barely responsive, just resting, so I wrapped her in a small piece of fleece and kept her out with me. She was still hanging on this morning, but we knew it was time, so we took her in.

Rest in peace, little girl. You were loved and will always be missed.

And of course, some pictures...

On her first day, on the way home

DSC00418Resize.jpg

Enjoying a treat

IMG_1214-Version3Resize.jpg

More recently, pouching her favorites

DSC01976-Version2Resize.jpg

Last night, resting with me

DSC02117Resize.jpg

Awww, I'm so sorry. That second picture is just a heartbreaker and a keeper.

She looked so tired in the last picture. I'm glad you were able to spend that time with her, before you had to let her go this morning.

RIP little one.

O am sorry for your loss. She was such a cute girl and looks like she was very well loved. May she rest in peace.

Wow, what an adorable li'l hammy! I had one and they are very much part of the family and I know your pain. I'm so sorry she is gone, may she r.i.p.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace sweet little girl. :angel6:

Thanks everyone. It's been a rough couple of days - she was a huge part of our little furry family. It's good to know she's resting now, though :heart:

Latest posts

Back