Question about the Water Buddy...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovinHedgies

I recently got two Edstrom water buddy bottles - one for my rats and one for my chin. My question is, since they are plastic (and I don't have guards) is it ok to attach it to the outside of the cage (Ferret Nation). Both my rats and chin have cheapo plastic water bottles with metal guards and noone has started to chew them. I just wanted to get them something better :)
Thanks for any replies!:dance3:

I'm sure you could attach them to the sides of the cage just fine (how else would they attach?).... but I, myself, would buy guards. I use edstroms on my colony cages, and I've never used them without guards...cause at least for me, if I'm going to spend that much on a water bottle (versus like the $3 plastic water bottles at the pet store), I want to make sure the chins don't decide one day to chew a hole through it. If yours don't chew it, though, then I suppose it doesn't matter. I won't take the chance with mine though, they're all water-bottle-destroyers.

I would definitely buy or fashion a guard for them to prevent chewing on the bottle. They can't tell the difference between a new toy challenge and a don't chew on this water bottle!

I meant have the plastic part of the water bottle on the outside of the cage and just the nozzle sticking through the bars of the cage...
I don't want the bottles in the cages where they are able to be chewed, should my girls deceide that they want to start chewing on them...

Your chin will still chew the bottle through the cage bars, trust me, I've tried it. You need to guard it somehow, either buy the metal guards or rig one up out of wood or cardboard.

Your chin will still chew the bottle through the cage bars, trust me, I've tried it. You need to guard it somehow, either buy the metal guards or rig one up out of wood or cardboard.

Diddo!:wink2:

Definitely use some sort of guard. I had a Water Buddy that my girls chewed a whole in. I was heartbroken since they are getting hard to find and are expensive. I still use Water Buddies but they all have guards. I have found them to be the best water bottles for my use.

Back