Quality Cage Company is AMAZING

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llough

Hey everyone,

I know a lot of you are aware of Quality Cage Company's products, but I just wanted to put out a shameless plug for them, if that's all right.

Yesterday, I was trying to figure out which travel cage/carrier would be best for me to transport my two chinchillas from Minnesota to Arizona in. I wanted the cage to be collapsible, separated into two containers, etc. and other particulars. The owner spent over an hour on the phone with me going over the different options, and eventually we found something that worked PERFECTLY!

I was so impressed with how nice and knowledgeable the owner was, and how patient she was to spend so much time on the phone with me :)

If I ever need another cage, I will definitely be going to Quality Cage.

Most of my cages are from them. I also own a chin spin. When ever there is a problem, they will do what ever it takes to help you out. They're just great.:thumbs:

I have to be honest. While I like the size of their cages (I have a townhouse) but I can't stand how badly they rattle. I had 4 shelves that went all the way across so it should be really stable, yet it still rattles like crazy, especially when she runs on her wheel.

I do like their chin spins though. :D

I'm also not a huge fan anymore. The pan from my 3 year old cage is rusting b/c the powder coating bubbled and flaked off. The only reason that would happen is if something was on the metal before the powder coating went on: clear manufacture error. But, since it was outside the 1 year warranty when I found it, I'll have to pay full price for a replacement. I understand they have to watch out for people trying to shaft them, but really, when it's something like that, at least offer a discount or free shipping.

When I get to replace it, I'm getting a Critter Nation/Ferret Nation.

I'm also not a huge fan anymore. The pan from my 3 year old cage is rusting b/c the powder coating bubbled and flaked off. The only reason that would happen is if something was on the metal before the powder coating went on: clear manufacture error. But, since it was outside the 1 year warranty when I found it, I'll have to pay full price for a replacement. I understand they have to watch out for people trying to shaft them, but really, when it's something like that, at least offer a discount or free shipping.

When I get to replace it, I'm getting a Critter Nation/Ferret Nation.

The powder coating on their chin spins isn't very good either. I still haven't decided what to do with the two-year-old chin spin I have that's peeling. The peel is already a quarter of the way around from one chin for two years. They didn't want pictures or anything. The second woman I talked to said she had already seen others like it, so it's not a new problem and not one they've chosen to deal with.

http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15746&highlight=powder+coat

I'll be investing my money in the Ed's spin.

Linda

I've had really good experiences with QC as well. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and I've never had any problems with the townhome I have, as far as rattling or anything. I also really like that the cage is collapsible if necessary. The one thing I have noticed, like others here, is that the powder coating on my Chin Spin has started to flake off somewhat, and I've had it for less than a year. However, my chins LOVE the Chin Spin, so I'm still happy with it overall. :D

I also have to agree about their powder coating. It sucks.

As an FYI though, you can order a chin spin without a powder coat and it is cheaper and you don't have to worry about it flaking off.

Wonder if a combined letter of discontent/concern about their powder coating would do any good? Rickman had luck with Super Pet and their bottles, and QC seems to care much more about their customers and by extension our animals than S.P. has historically.

I purchased 12 chin spins from them and a lot of them were not round. I showed 3 different people in Southern Calif they agreed. At first they said to send them. Then one of the Linda's said the owner said that they could not do anything for me. I believe Rickman contacted them. I was surprised that they changed their minds. I ended sending 6 back for replacements.

I figure that if a company does not stand by their products that they will lose a lot of customer.

Snickers - glad I could help - didn't know your results until just now!
I initially called them when they had bearing problems, and advised sealed bearings, which they didn't know exhisted. They sent me a couple samples to see, which were ball bearings, and needle bearings would work better, which I advised.

They're a small company, trying to make the best possible product at a reasonable price!
I don't know how many powdercoating companies are in their area, but I will call them next week, and suggest they get bids from all in their area that are willing to guarantee their work for the life of the product! Short of damage or puncture!
I've been to powdercoating shops, and I believe someone else mentioned also, it's all in the cleanliness of the product being coated - skin oils will interfere with adhesion, for example!
In this economy, I think bids may even cut the price, as doing things a little above cost is better than going out of business, [as far as powdercoaters go] and get the "Quality" back in Quality Cage!

didn't know they offered chin spins without powder coating. I may do that next time. Mine aren't peeling or flaking but they chew around the outside of the entire wheel and I'd rather not have them eating that.

I bought a chin spin from QC a couple of weeks ago and I could not have been happier with the service. I received the wheel in what felt like 3 days after my order!! If I had read the thread about buying a cs without the powder coating I probably would have done so, but I will just have to wait and see if it becomes an issue. So far, though, the wheel is great and my chin loves it, not to mention the service couldn't have been better!!

Wonder if a combined letter of discontent/concern about their powder coating would do any good? Rickman had luck with Super Pet and their bottles, and QC seems to care much more about their customers and by extension our animals than S.P. has historically.

I've also sent them an e-mail about the powder coating coming off of my wheels, but I never did get a response. Not even an acknowledgement. I've also had to replace the bearings in all of my wheels, one wasn't even a year old.

My chins do love their Chin Spins though and unfortunately they seem to be one of a kind..not many companies make safe chin wheels. I wish I would have known about the Ed Wheel sooner. If I recall they are hard to find? Or is that a different wheel?

Just got off the phone with them, and since they joined, they will be issueing a public statement to satisfy everyone!

I recently ordered a chin spin from them as well, and it was about 7 days before it arrived, which I had expected. The wheel is very slightly out of round, which I also kind of expected after reading some of the posts here. So far the chins love it and I've had no problems with it. I do really worry about the powder coating, and it still bugs me that the plywood is bare to soak up pee, but again, I have nothing really to complain about. I love that it looks similar to my FN, and the chins love to run in it.

Latest posts

Back