Poor Betty, the Friendless, Bald Hedgehog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annieo

Loving Pet Owner
I posted this in the Hedgie forum, and thought I would post it here too.

-------

I saw this story and my heart went out to Betty, who has no friends and is bald.

I've decided to make some of my standing fleece chinchilla buddies and send them along to her so she can have some new friends. Someone I know has been kind enough to donate the shipping costs for the care package. :)

If you'd like to send along a picture of your hedgie (or chinnie) and a friendship note to Betty, please send it to me via email to [email protected] or PM me here and I will add it to her box. I will print it out.

If you could have this to me by Sunday, 1/5, that would be ideal. Just a cute pic and note.

Annie

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/864817-bald-hedgehog-without-spines-has-no-friends

Last edited:
Annie, do you mean 6/5? We're a ways past January :p this is such a good idea, though! I saw you posted the story last night on fb. I'll try to send you some pics tonight if my internet cooperates.

Poor Betty!!! Is she on Facebook??? I'll friend her!!! And, I'll send you a picture of Little Two Paws and a message.

I saw a story on the Animal Planet about a bald hedgehog. She eventually did grow her spines back so there's hope for Betty!

yes, I meant June 6 lol. Sorry it's been a busy week and I haven't signed on much.

I've gotten a few responses and some very cute pics and notes. Please do email me something that I can put in the box.

I plan to make about 3 stand up cuddle buddies and maybe a snuggle sack. I'm not sure if she needs anything at all but I thought the fleece buddies were a cute idea and the pics of you and your animals will just make it a little more fun to do.

I'll be printing the pics/notes on Monday and hopefully shipping it out then. Someone was kind enough to pay for the shipping where I work so that was very nice.

Annie

Did I miss anyone?

Here are the pages that will be printed and sent along to Betty with three chinnie buddies, a snaggy sack and a donut bed.

Package is going out in the morning.

Betty.jpg

Betty2.jpg

Betty3.jpg

Betty4.jpg

Betty5.jpg

Annie, this is so great and is so beautiful and so kind! Betty will love to have so many wonderful new friends! What a wonderful gift to receive!!!!!

This week had been really busy. I wish I had time to put something together for you to send from us. I guess we will have to do something through facebook. Such a sweet thing you are doing for Betty.

Well, not really sure what to think here. The package was accidentally sent express (at a cost of $55!) and arrived on 6/13 and signed for. Haven't heard a peep. Oh well, hopefully Betty is enjoying her gifts.

I'm afraid I don't have any other updates. :(

Update on Betty the Bald Hedgehog

Since I hadn't heard from the Foxy Lodge Rescue Center after sending our package of goodies and well wishes to Betty, the bald hedgehog, I emailed them. Here is their response and some pics.

---

Hello Annie,

Thank you so very much for such a lovely idea for Betty, as you can see from the pictures she is delighted with her gifts and takes herself in*her snuggle sack*all the time she is never far away from her cuddle buddy so all your hard work has paid off.*You are all very special and thoughtful people and I would like to thank each and every one of you who thought to send such kind messages to Betty. I have read all of them to her and she now has them on the wall of her nursery where she can see them from her cage.

So sorry I have taken so long to get this email to you but we have had so many baby animals come in we have been working round the clock to feed and care for them all and as you know its just me and my husband here so its quite a manic time for us. I have also attached a picture of a nest of baby hedgehogs which were going to be thrown off a bridge onto a busy road by two boys, but I am happy to say they are all doing well, and made it into the local papers. We have named them all after bridges* Brooklyn, Clifton, Inca and Akashi.

Take Care and once again thank you for your kindness

Best wishes Tonia and John
Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

ec693003.jpg

011b27c6.jpg

56dea526.jpg

Aww! Betty looks so happy in her sack with her cuddle buddy! You and the others did a great thing, Annieo!

Look at those cute babies :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back