Poll: What is your chin(s) favorite type of wood?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarinuto

chin smitten
What is your chin(s) favorite type of wood?

(I'm looking to try some new wood from PPBN and am looking for what others have success with) I've used Apple, Willow and Mulberry :)

Mine all love apple and cottonwood. Cottonwood is the only wood they chew all the way instead of just stripping the bark.

Agree, apple and cottonwood. Like Stacie's chins, cottonwood is the only wood my girls chew all of not just the bark. I think it's because it's a softer wood.

Mine don't like cholla or ocotillo

Willow, Cottonwood, Red Willow, Cholla...Anything she can shread and make a mess out of.

You can always start with a scrap pack.

Both of my girls LOVE LOVE LOVE pear twigs, they will eat the whole twig. Tia likes cottonwood (she'll chew the bark off) and Bessie likes ocotillo, also chewing the bark off.

Edgar loves cottonwood and apple but lately he's been loving little sticks of I think mulberry. Cholla and Ocotillo have been a hit too. Pecan wasn't a favorite but lately he's been chewing it. I was surprised to find he really loves kiln dried pine toy pieces and will make sawdust of them.

If I were out of wood today I would probably order a mixed batch of toy parts, some kind of chew stick that was thin and a large cholla log.

Apple is the favorite here for sure, Applewood toys don't last an hour. Maddie and Mitzie weren't big fans of Mulberry so I haven't bought it in a long time, not sure if the other girls would like. I make toys from the mixed toy parts from PPBN, the Cottonwood seems to go first but they do chew it all

i would definitely order the scrap pack, it will give a nice variety.

my guys love their apple wood. willow coins & pine blocks get completely shredded into a pile of sawdust.

Really freshly treated apple is the favorite. The ocotillo is a very close second, mostly because I think it's a novelty to them at this point. Neither of my boys really care for cholla very much. Sounds like I should get some cottonwood, from the chinnie tastes in this thread!

Latest posts

Back