Please keep Lisa in your thoughts

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
The time has come when all efforts to fight Lisa's cancer have come to end. Despite the pain management treatment she has become progressively weaker and not stronger as my mom and Lisa had hoped. She has virtually no leg strength anymore, and actually had a fall with my mom on Friday night coming back from the bathroom.
I got her on Saturday and saw my sister in a vey weakened state. She no longer wants to get out of bed as it's just too exhausting for her to even consider. The visiting nurse came yesterday and had a difficult time speaking to Lisa as my mom was there and my mom cried the whole time. Barb came again today and was glad to see I was there with Lisa. I have always been the stronger one in the family when dealing with this terrible illness of Lisa's. Bless Barb's heart as I asked how much time is left and Barb did answer. We have days left to be with my beautiful sister, Lisa. Lynelle is here with me today and the two of us are laying in bed with Lisa when she is awake and rubbing her back and her feet. We talk about things we did when we were kids and we talk about the journey she will take when she draws her last breath her on earth. Lisa is very scared and afraid of what's to come, but we have all assured her, her doctor as well that she will be in a better place.

Dr Mullane came today to see her. He actually knelt beside her bed and held her hand while he spoke tp her in a very loving yet direct voice and told her in no way is she giving up. She has done all she could do and she has not failed. Her cancer simply progressed to the point where her life would come to an end. Seeing him there kneeling beside her I thought, who says doctor don't make house visits? And I truly learned the meaning of the term bedside manner. We have always had great faith in Dr Mullane and his decisions in treating Lisa and we know he did all he could. I made sure to tell him that today as he was leaving

Please keep Lisa in your thoughts. If you believe in God ask him to call her to him, where she will be in a better place, a world without fear, pain or CANCER. Keep my family, my mom & dad, my little sister Lynelle and her husband Chris in your thoughts. We have let Lisa's children, Todd and Eric know her time is coming to end and soon, although we cannot say if they will come by to see her. I pray that they will and I pray instead of asking for money they will say what she needs to hear, that they love her, that she was an excellent mother and they will be good after she has gone.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed for Lisa, who have offered love and support to me throughout all of this. Your friendship has been an immense comfort to me in times that have been so difficult.

Words truly are inadequate sometimes. I know we are a continent apart and only know each other through this "virtual world" but my thoughts are with you, Lisa, and your entire family at this time.
May Lisa find comfort in the presence of her loved ones and in the God you believe in to whom she will soon be called home.

Claire

Laurie, I'm so sorry. I know you and Lisa and her doctors have given it your all to beat this dreaded disease. *huge hugs*

I am absolutely panicked and beside myself with grief. I actually screamed when I was reading what you typed and my son came running to see what was wrong. I don't handle this well. I know Lisa will be relieved of the burdens her bodies has imposed on her. But I don't want her to die, either. I have one more card to send Lisa's way. It'll go out tomorrow.

Thank God you are strong, Laurie. SOMEONE has to be. You are the cornerstone, the rock!

Here I am, totally freaked out and crying.

Last edited:
Laurie - My sister from another mother - I will pray for strength for all of you, especially for Lisa, and I'll pray that the fear she has will somehow fade away to be replaced with inner peace.

You have been the strong one through all this, but here with your friends, you don't need to be. If you need us, there are many broad shoulders to lean on.

((((hugs))))

So the final blessing approaches. I'll light a candle for her, and for your family too. If a moment comes when she starts to feel guilty for 'leaving you' you can always show her that darling little angel of a chin that's coming your way. Since Lisa enjoys your pets too, it might do her heart good to know that she'll have a way to keep loving you even from Beyond.

Your strength and bravery through all of this has been so impressive. I know it won't fail you now when the waiting and helping gets hardest. *hugs*

Oh Laurie, I'm SO sorry. I wish you, Lisa and your family peace. You have all been so strong through all of this...we are here for you!

I'm so, so sorry :(

When I went through this with my mom, her passing happened faster than I expected. Stay close and take care.

PM'ed you.
I just want to say Thank you Lord, I know Heaven is beyond what we can imagine. No pain, hate, disabilities. I cannot fathom the Joy and Love.

Laurie your family is always in my thoughts and I hope and wish for a day when the pain is gone and your sister is at peace. Lots of love and lots of hugs.

Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry for you and your family. This has been a long, painful ordeal for everyone.

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for Lisa to know that she need not fear what is coming -- she will be whole again and free of pain. For you, I pray that you have the strength to continue to be strong for Lisa, your family, and most of all, yourself.

I know that we on this forum have become your second family, and I know that you know that we are all here for you when you need ears for a vent or a shoulder upon which to lean.

God bless everyone. :hearts:

Laurie, I know I haven't been around as much as I used to but you, lisa and your family are never far from my mind. I'm trying not to cry writing this but I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you all, I'm praying and I wish I could be there in person to give you a big huge hug.

Laurie--My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope Lisa has a peaceful passing and that you remain strong. God be with you all. *hugs*

I just wanted to let you know that prayers are being lifted up for you and your loved ones.I will pray for Lisa to be healed in God's hands and in His time and know that He is always there for you.

How blessed you are to have each other. Your love and loyalty is endless.
Your family will be in my prayers.

You are all definitely in my thoughts. I hope you are all able to find some peace.

Oh Laurie, I'm so, so sorry. You, Lisa and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You have been so unbelievably strong but always remember we are here for you. ((hugs))

Laurie, your sister is blessed to have you in her life. You are so strong and have been such support for her - you are a truely beautiful person.

I am so incredibly sorry Lisa's fight is nearing its end. She fought so hard and it says a lot about the person she is. We are here for you and for Lisa. You are truely special people.

Laurie, you've been Lisa's rock and I pray to have someone like you on my side if my time was to ever come up. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back