Pit Bulls?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milo's mom again: Never said that other peoples pits where not gonna be aggressive. Simply said ours are not! And did I or did I not state that if you don't know this breed that you shouldn't own this breed? I don't give anybody false education on these dogs. I teach them to learn the blood lines so they know game lines from other lines. I teach them how to train their dogs, and how to socialize their dogs. I have never and will never tell someone that their pit bull is garunteed to never show dog aggression. However I do teach them the appropriate or the correct way to handle a dog that shows dog aggression tendencys. You have stated numerous times that it is the pit bull breed that carries the dog aggression, have you forgotten that all dogs have the tendency to show dog aggression? The difference between you and me. You label the breed as dog aggressive for the most part. I label the breed as pit bulls with tendencys to be dog aggressive, some more then others based on the bloodlines. I label the breed as a dog who can be very family orientated, who are eager to please and learn. The difference between you and me is I recognize the biggest stigma placed on this breed is caused by the irresponsible owners, who turn them into highly aggressive dogs out of the desire to either fight them or look cool. In my 18 years of experience with this breed I have done nothing but educate people and advocate for these dogs. What have you done for them latley?

I too recognize the stigma, which is why I helped my parents to PROPERLY train their dogs to be good dogs. Your daughter has tried to say that if you do "A, B, and C" there is no chance the dog will be aggressive. When told that she needs to tell people that there is still a chance the dog CAN be aggressive, not will but CAN be aggressive, she has tried to tell us we were wrong.

Maybe you need to correct her understanding if you yourself understand there CAN be a chance of the dog still being aggressive?

Just wanted to add in. That while pits where bred to be dog aggressive way back then. They are not dog aggressive now. How do you think we get pits into the show ring without them attacking other dogs? If they haven't had any other dogs around them of course their gonna be dog aggressive. Its all about socializing them. Start when their young. All my pits have been around little dogs and other dogs and they are not dog aggressive! How do you think we have all them in the same house playing with each other? I've had them all my life. And I've been studying them for 10 years now. Actually I'm in the middle of putting together a pit bull awareness walk with a group for pits.

And when she was informed that pit bulls CAN and ARE still dog aggressive, she got defensive and said they are not. Nobody said ALL pit bulls are dog aggressive, we just said they still have the capability to be, despite the socialization, and despite the training, because it IS still in their blood, despite attempts to breed it out. It may not be in every line, but it IS still out there, and to tell people otherwise is wrong.

Last edited:
Technically your not a legal adult in all aspects until your 21. So whos being peddy on the age? The point is your talking to my daughter as if you earned the right to act well knowledged in this breed. Try being 39 with 18 plus years of nothing but working with this breed, fighting for this breed, and educating about the breed. Then maybe it might be acceptable for you to be peddy about a age!

No she wasn't! When we started saying that the dogs CAN still be aggressive (meaning pit bulls in general), she argued. Nobody said every pit wants to rip another dog's throat out, and yet she has argued with us, saying there is no possibility the pit can be aggressive when trained properly, which is where my statement of "blind stupidity" came into play. Telling people that there is NO chance of aggression is irresponsible and is improper education.

Either you agree that pit bulls can still have dog aggression, despite training and breeding and you need to make sure your daughter understands that, or you're in agreement with your daughter that there is NO aggression what-so-ever left in the breed, and that's a contradiction to what you've already said.

Milo's mom again: Never said that other peoples pits where not gonna be aggressive. Simply said ours are not!

your dogs can one day become aggressive too. any dog can suddenly become aggressive. my sweet little dachund who is right now on my lap could jump up and attack me if she wants to. since they have not invented brain washing yet there is no way to create a perfectly behaved dog. now dogs that have been properly bred and raised have a significantly lower chance of this happening but the possibility will always be there. dogs have insticts and sometimes they will follow them. you can completely breed the wild out of a dog, just like you cant completely breed the aggression out of a pit bull. if you think you can take on hundreds of years of evolution you are sadly mistaken.

Ya'll? The important point of BOTH SIDES of this argument have been made in previous posts several pages and months back. Sniping back and forth at each other on a post that was dormant for MONTHS before Milo dragged it up again is spamming dozens of users who are (or were until a few minutes ago) subscribed to this thread.

Maybe it's time to take this argument to PMs/The Moderation Team?

Okay, right off the bat - Milo's mom, if you post on this account again, I will ban Milo permanently. If you have something to say, join under your own account. DO NOT take over your child's account and post. She's a big girl, she's 18, she can post all by herself.

Your comments are welcome, provided they stay within forum guidelines and you are under your own account; however, do not think you are going to come on here with guns blazing on only this topic. This is primarily a chinchilla and hedgehog forum. A forum member started this thread, and I'm quite sure it was not started with the intent of having an angry parent come on taking on long term forum members when they have contributed zero to the forum otherwise.

It seems to me, quite clearly, that the majority of the people who have experience with pits and who have posted to this thread completely disagree with what both you and your daughter are posting. If you want to argue pit bull behavior, go to a pit forum. I'm guessing they aren't going to be all that receptive to the comments made here either.

Also, learn some forum etiquette. CONSTANTLY SCREAMING TO MAKE A POINT GENERALLY JUST PISSES PEOPLE OFF AND MAKES THEM IGNORE YOU COMPLETELY.

Ok, look. I posted a comment on here first, stating my expericence with my pits. No one had to comment back on it. Wasn't trying t create any spam and didn't know it was from a few months back, until yesterday. I know the expericence that I have with pits. And I know how they act. What they know and what I know are different things. They can say most pits are dog aggressive all they want, I know their not. You know your knowledge from the pit websites, but a lot of these websites only own 1-2 pits if any at all. But as we all know you don't really know how any kind of animal will act towards other animals, whether it be a cat, dog,horse, or even a chinchilla. Every animal has some sort of aggression just like dog to dog aggression. Any breed of dog can have a high tendency for dog to dog aggression. I've had other dogs over at my house playing with my pits and they never showed any dog aggression. You may think you know A LOT about pits. But you don't really know until you've been around them your entire life. Just because you helped raise your parents 2 pits doesn't mean you are an expert. Ask any reputable breeder. They will tell you that socialization has a lot to do with how they act around other dogs when they get older. I know what I know and you know what you know. They can say they know more about pit bulls than I do, But I know That I know more. Just because you've reasearched them for 7 years doesn't mean you know the breed. If you want to reasearch the breed then study your own dogs behavior. You don't know what lines are in dogs that come from the shelters. They don't have the pedigree for them.

They can say they know more about pit bulls than I do, But I know That I know more.

Wow, cocky much? I'm sure at 18 you know scads more than 30 and 40 and even 50-year-olds who have had these dogs their entire adult lives. With an ego inflated comment like this, you are definitely setting yourself up to get nailed again. And, while it might be amusing to watch for the forum members, it's annoying for those of us who own the forum and get stuck moderating such hubris. Since we don't feel like baby sitting this thread anymore, I'm putting it to bed.

I repeat, take it to a pit forum. I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms, since you know more than anybody on them. <rolls eyes>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back