Photos of Valentine!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euphoric

I finally got some photos up.

Well, in new owner news, he is doing great.
However I bought some timothy hay but they are in like "pellets" kinda how you buy them in blocks...I really hate loose hay so I figure I try this so I can just put it in his bowl.
He wont touch the stuff! So loose hay it is I guess.

I am wondering if I should add a wheel, I had some ppl tell me they do/do not need it. But he has taken up to jumping up/down his four levels at night and making a crap load of noise while doing it.

He is getting a lot of out of cage supervised play despite him getting under the bed twice.

Also, I went to a different petsmart and turns out I met the family that was going to by my male...but I got him first! I guess they came in earlier that day and were going to come back the following day. I felt pretty bad, but they kids were real young (I dont think young kids should have chinchillas due to the fact they are so fragile and care is a little more difficult than lets say a hamster...dont know if anyone agrees on that but when I worked at petsmart I wouldn't sell them to anyone under 12...)

That petsmart however had a velvet female that they got so I guess it worked out, although my male is more docile (which is the main reason they wanted him)

Well, here are some photos! Enjoy!

100_1891.jpg

100_1888.jpg

100_1884.jpg

Valentine is so cute! I love his color. Congrats on your addition and good luck with him! :)

very cute!!!

And yes, a wheel is a good idea, but it cannot be plastic or have the wire with the spaces...most wheel's are kinda expensive but someone on here sells one that is chin safe and $20ish!!!

congrats on the new chin!!!

Congrats on the chin, he's very cute!

I agree, a wheel is always a nice addition, but isn't absolutely necessary. If he's getting time outside the cage to run around, then it's not something you need to do right away. You can save up some money for a chin safe one that can be bought online. My chins love their wheels, so I think it's a good idea to have one, but he won't suffer if he doesn't have one.

As far as loose hay, it really is a good idea to give chins loose hay even if you don't personally like loose hay. Reason being is that chins are rodents and their teeth continually grow. If you give him hay cubes (what you bought) then it only wears down their front teeth by breaking off chunks of the cube. They need loose stemmy hay to wear down their molars.

But also, valentine is on my queen size bed just jumping around. I am surprised he hasn't tried to get OFF the bed he is doing great! lol he will come back to me and sit on my lap for a couple seconds and take off lol

Valentine is so handsome! It looked for a minute he was really interested in some hair care for his beautiful coat!

Back