PayPal Smart Connect

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffycupcake

New Chin Parent
I signed up for one of those credit cards, I believe it was an option to verify my account. Anyways, has anyone used this kind of card? I thought about using it to buy some fleece items I wanted & to order my bass pans for my FN cage, I'm the kind of person that I can't stand to wait to save up, I want my stuff now. :dance3:
My APR is 26.99%, is that a lot? I've had credit cards before, but.. I don't remember what the APR really was or did when I had my cards.

26.9% is HUGE for interest on a credit card. I would run screaming from that "offer."

That's a super high percentage. Most store and company credit cards are exactly like it. Be careful with those cards.

I'd run too. After digging out of over $20,000 worth of credit card debt... we don't use our cards unless we can pay them off within a month ( grace period ) now. We don't get everything we want now, but we aren't paying an extra $100 for a bass pan in interest... When you look at how much that stuff will cost you in the end... you might change your mind.

:tantrum:

I guess I'll just be saving up then.

I'm just too excited to get these girls that I'm trying to figure out all my options to get them quicker. I guess quicker isn't going to be cheap though. I hate not having a job.

Yeah. I'm just impatient I guess. Haha. I thought it sounded high, but it has been so long since I've seen any type of credit cards, so I wasn't sure what was "normal". :p

http://www.indexcreditcards.com/creditcardcalculators/howmuchininterest.html

Play with it... it'll scare you away from cards! If you charged $500 and paid the minimum balance due ( I'm guessing about $15/month there ) you would pay almost $250 just in interest before it was paid off... And the problem is that one you pay some of it off, you find something else you want and well you have $200 credit available so "why not" basically you're perpetually paying tons of money for stuff just because you didn't save up for it.

My guessed estimate of everything is about $300. I know its over a bit, but I like having the wiggle room. Heh. I think I read somewhere that the monthly payments are $25. If I paid it off in 6 months the interest would be about $35. Not too shabby.

But, if it took me a year or longer, that is where the trouble starts!

I honestly would stay away from credit cards. I have like 5 of them and racked up about $2000 in debt. I pay my payments and try to pay over the minimum when I can. Trust me, it's more trouble than its worth. Stay away from them!

Back