Parsley roll and Sun Snacks and others

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I wouldn't feed any of them to my chins. Each contains carrots, peanuts, rice and most likely tons of sugar - especially those dandelion drops. They're much healthier treats available. Rolled oats, shredded wheats, rosehips, apple sticks, etc.

I too would not use any of those you listed. There's too much junk food in them. Stick with the safe stuff that Tiffany mentioned.

So that will bring me to my second question. How do I tell my mom who bought them? :p But seriously, thanks for the advice!

sadly, i have purchased all them in the past. unfortunatley after joining this group I had to throw away any left overs.
the one thing that i didnt throw and that once in a great while I will use is:

http://www.petfooddirect.com/Produc...Herb-and-Sesame-Sun-Snacks-Small-Animal-Treat

which is similar to the one with carrots, i think the last time i gave any of the chins one of those was in the summer, as they do have nuts and fat, but i was trying to get my Richie to eat something, anything!

maybe you can find out where your mom got them and discreetly exchange them for something else and let her know in the future about some of the safer treats.

That's not going to happen. My mom lives in another time zone from me and didn't send the receipt so I don't know where she got them. Oh well. She gave me a gift card to petsmart too so I can get replacements anyway. :)

That was very nice of your mom to do that. It takes a special mom to understand how much fun opening chin supplies for Christmas can be. :)

Maybe for future reference, you could prepare a list of chin safe items for mom. Let her know how much you appreciated what she sent, but that "these" would be better for the overall health of your chins. I'm sure she would understand. She tried her best, but she couldn't possibly now everything that is safe for a chin.

I'll definately send a list next time.

As for the store credit, I don't have a receipt and their policy states you have to have one so yeah. It's all good though. :)

You don't need a receipt :) There have been many times I have returned things to PetSmart when I'm not satisfied. I buy my ferret litter from there and sometimes I've had metal in the litter, so I'd get a refund without the receipt.

Returns or exchanges without a receipt - or with a receipt older than 60 days
Bring the product and a valid ID to any store and you'll be issued a merchandise return card for the most recent sale amount. If you're exchanging a product, any positive balance will be refunded in the original form of tender.

They even take products back from other retailers, though you have to have a receipt.
Returning products purchased from another retailer
When you bring a receipt in along with a pet product from another retailer, we'll gladly refund your purchase in the form of a merchandise return card. Or, you can exchange the product for a similar PetSmart product.

So even if Petsmart doesn't sell it (and I don't know if they do or not) they will take it back without a receipt? How can they tell the value to trade it in for?

Back