Paco the Moluccan Cockatoo

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chinniechantel

Let me give you a tour! Here are some of my toys...
IMG_5367.jpg

This is my escape route...
IMG_5376.jpg

Here is the roof...
IMG_5396.jpg

This is me getting ready for a shower...
IMG_5534.jpg

I am ready, let me in, let me in!
IMG_5531.jpg

If you don't let me in I will fly there mom...
IMG_5515.jpg

Look at my purdy wings...
IMG_5506.jpg

Ok, I'm done dry me off please!
IMG_5446.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

Cuddling with daddy
IMG_5462.jpg

Cute - I wanted one but the wife was working nights, and felt it'd be too noisy during the day, as they're kinda loud.
Really missed those "perfect pictures" too!

Paco is very beautiful! I recently had a cockatiel pass and we're thinking of replacing her. I think a Cockatoo would be a lot of fun to have, especially after looking at your pics! It's just like having another small child running around!!!

Aw, good to see pictures of him. He's so pretty!

One note about whoever clipped his wings: the trim is not close enough to the coverts (can cause discomfort when the wings are closed and can cause some birds to pick at their wing feathers), way too many feathers were clipped (normally cockatoos only need 5-7 primaries trimmed) and the secondaries should NEVER be trimmed. He has so many feathers trimmed, if he attempts to fly, he will fall hard to the ground rather than gliding and can break his keelbone or a leg. Be careful who you have trim his wings... I would recommend going to an experienced avian vet. I wouldn't want him to get hurt!

Awe great pictures. I have done work with alot of birds and the cockatoos are by far my favorite. They are just so personable.

Paco is a complete, absolute, without a doubt Cutie Pie. I love Cockatoos and your pictures do such a wonderful job of capturing Paco's personality...and yours :thumbsup: (Ahhhh, exotic pet owners, what a special breed):)

Paco is very handsome! He looks like a sweetie! I have always wanted a cockatoo! Love their personality!

Latest posts

Back