Oooh Laurie!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan

Dot lives forever!
Just for you--I know you love these guys.

First "no-name", he and his 4 ladies still need names. He is a Midnight Blackshoulder as are his females. Thinking about a Space theme for him. Behind him to the left is Jade my Blue Pied female, and to the right is Erohs my Blue Pied Male(jades mate).

Next is Erohs (left) and Noname. You can also see one of no-names girls to the far back, and of course the duckies!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Photo0315.jpg
    Photo0315.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Photo0317 (1).jpg
    Photo0317 (1).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 154
beautiful birds!! my neighbor that lives a few miles away has the standard blue peacocks and I can here them all the way over here when the air is right.

When I was growing up, we had neighbors who had a bunch of peacocks who were great escape artists. They always got out during the middle of the night and ended up on our roof! My father was constantly chasing them off, lol. I love peacocks! They are beautiful birds!

omg i love peacocks! theyre gorgeous and their colors are amazing! ive become obsessed with those colors!

Okay, here's a dumb question. You mention you have a Blue Pied male and female that are mates. Do these birds mate for life or how do they know to only mate with the same color as themselves? Won't they interbreed and mix the colors? I'm kind of embarrassed to be asking such a stupid question. :embarrassed:

Carol-

They will interbreed. Right now breeding season is over so everyone is living together. When breeding season rolls around they'll be separated into the pied pair, and the midnight quad. Once breeding season is over, they'll be be allowed back with each other.

Thank you guys. These birds are very interesting and unique. I love just watching them go about their business, and how they interact with each other and the ducks. You wouldn't think it but the ducks really do rule the pen.

Last edited:
i love peacocks! they are just so gorgeous! i remember in Virginia theres a museum that had peacocks running around in the front. they were so pretty and everyone would just sit there and wait for them to spread their feathers. and they were loud! Erohs is gorgeous, i love her coloring!

anyone ever saw a white peacock in person? I was in total awe when it spread it's fan

OMG they are gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to visit and see them in person! Battlestar theme--how about Starbuck for a name? I loved the original Battlestar Galactica! I was also a fan of Star Trek, Babylon 5 and Space 1999 lol! What a dork I know!

I have. He lives at a petting zoo/wildlife rehab place near my old place. Scared the pee out of me b/c he started yelling from the roof of the bathrooms when I stopped before our tour.

well, He was hanging out in a good place to scare the poo out of you!! LOL

I haven't gotten to see the whites put up the feathers in person, but when I went for my midnights they had some whites. I was very tempted to bring them home. Eroh's and Jade have a chance at producing whites--so if they do I may just have to keep one ;-).

Laurie--oh god..Jay loves those shows too. I can't suggest those names to him, he'll love them LOL!

From the moment I first saw Jay wearing that red lingerie I knew he was a good guy--now hearing he loves those old time space shows--well that just seals the deal! Starbuck is a great name and Maya was the shape changing alien on Space 1999--those are some dang fine names lol!

Oh god Laurie..if he was a member here he'd die!

Back