Official Secret Santa 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Trouble....
It's that time again! Secret Santa is officially here. Anyone wishing to participate should PM myself or Stacie (CnH Username "Stackie") with the required material.

First, the "rules". Really there are no rules, we just ask that you have your gift ordered and paid for, and if possible, sent out, by December 1st to give time for the gift to get to your recipient by Christmas. Stacie and I will be much more actively checking on you guys this year to ensure that gifts are indeed sent out and ordered.

Please remember, if you send your gift yourself, try to make the return address as vague as legally allowed. Also, we ask for shipping insurance and/or delivery confirmation to be sent to your recipient so they will know when their gift has been shipped and where it is in delivery. This is not mandatory, but makes things much easier. Not to mention, it doesn't make you a "bad Santa" if the gift gets lost or delivered late.

The Secret Santa timeline will run as follows:
Names given out: Nov 8th
1st Clue: Nov 15th
2nd clue: Nov 29th
3rd clue: Dec 13th
Names revealed: Dec 27

What we need when you sign up:
Name:
Address:
Gift request: (Remember nothing too expensive!)
3 clues about yourself that will be given to your recipient to try and guess who their Santa is:

Finally, remember, have fun! If your gift gets there a little late, just take a deep breath and remember it's Christmas time! Shipping gets hectic, and and suppliers are swamped. If you find yourself unable to participate at some point down the road, let Stacie or myself know ASAP so we can reorganize things a little bit.

And please, please, please, don't go complaining to the forum staff if you have a problem. They are by no means associated with this, aside from allowing us to host Secret Santa on their forum (and sometimes they participate).

Thanks!
Ashley and Stacie

I would imagine it's $25.00 again. That seemed to be an acceptable amount for most people to handle. I don't believe that includes shipping.

I wouldn't get all hung up on the price -- hey, it's all in fun!!!

I say, spend what you can afford. No one should feel like they can't afford to participate in such a fun event. After all, "It's the thought that counts".

Just my opinion... :thumbsup:

I'm in!!! Off to PM you now...

To me the $25-35 doesn't matter, even though I am out of a job and really broke, because even though I spend that money I will receive a nice gift for my chinnies in return. It's a win-win.

Sorry guys. I would think 20-35 before shipping would be acceptable. Most suppliers here on the forum usually come up with deals for SS, too.

Also, if you have someone you would specifically like to "Santa" should they sig up, let us know in your sign-up message.

Finally, if you'd like presents for each pet individually, you must sign up once for each individual pet. Otherwise, let us know how many and what pets you are signing up for (for example, if you have 3 hedgies or chins, let us know so we can tell your Santa to buy bulk items.)

Last edited:
Haha actually, some of the vaguest ones are the hardest. I mean, really, how many people have rabbits, y'know?

More importantly, how many of the dozens of people on this forum would be able to say, "Well, these 6 people have rabbits" without doing a search for threads?

Is the goal for these clues to make it easy to guess us, or to make it challenging? Because I think I might have made mine a little tough.

I've always made mine on the tough side... kind of in riddle form, lol. This year I made it easier though because I wasn't feeling very creative.

3Cs, you can make them as hard or as easy as you like. A guessing thread is usually started by a participant after the first clues go out, and people can guess all they like, but we still won't tell you until the date of official revelation. :neener:

Just thought I would let everyone know that I am going to be out of town without internet until Sunday evening..so you can still send me your entry and info, you just won't receive a confirmation PM from me until late Sunday. But rest assured, you WILL get entered! :D

Back