NY/NE show info??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bam.Bam

I was wondering if theres any info about the NE/NY show in September. I'm thinking of showing some of my chins and would like more info like how much would it cost to show a chin, how much to get in, etc. Is there a website or anything?

Also, I wanted to show one of my boys for fun. He is a 'petstore' chin and I don't know his background and pedigree. Am I able to show him or do I have to know certain things about him? Everyone else I want to show are from breeders and I have pedigrees and such. Also, Do i have to have a white apron thing when I show? I attended the York show for a little bit and saw everyone wearing one but I don't have one since i've never shown before. Sorry, this will be my first time showing!

There isn't any info listed there for the NY/NE show other than date and location.

So for anyone else who wants to know, the show is September 18th at:

The Reformed Church of Port Ewen
Salem Street
Port Ewen, NY 12466

Registration stats at 7am
Classification begins at 9am

Cost per animal is $4/animal for MCBA members
Anyone attending and not showing - $2

A chin doesn't have to have a pedigree to be shown, just make sure to put it in the right class based on his age and you're good to go. You don't have to have a lab coat either, they're just used for grooming and so that colors don't bounce back onto the animals when you're judging.

Thank you Tiff! :) For those of us who are just attending to watch and learn, what's a good time to show up?

Sometime between 8-8:30 would be good so that you could see people grooming their chins, look through stuff exhibitors are selling, admire the chins on the table before the show starts (no touching of course), meet some of the breeders and put a face with their name, watch classification and see what a show is made of. It's a great experience that you don't want to miss. You can always pop in later if you only want to see the actual show. The show itself normally doesn't start until around 10am.

Sometime between 8-8:30 would be good so that you could see people grooming their chins, look through stuff exhibitors are selling, admire the chins on the table before the show starts (no touching of course), meet some of the breeders and put a face with their name, watch classification and see what a show is made of. It's a great experience that you don't want to miss. You can always pop in later if you only want to see the actual show. The show itself normally doesn't start until around 10am.

Okay, it all sounds good to me! I'll probably try to be there as early as I can

this is the first show i'll be attending after stepping out of chinchillas for a few years. Can't wait to see everyone again

We always stay at the Super 8. It's a nice place and they're pet friendly. Sometimes the MCBA will arrange a rate deal with them, although I haven't heard anything about it.

I love this show, and think it is a great one for first-timers!

Latest posts

Back