Nutrina?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldenbelmont

Is it safe to feed chins Nutrina rabbit pellets? I went to my local feed store and the only rabbit feed was Nutrina. couldnt find purina rabbit feed to save my life

I use Nutrena Nature Wise 16%. I wouldn't go with the 18%, the extra high protein really isn't necessary.

I'm thinking on switching from PANR Show to Nutrena. Which Nutrena they both say Nature Wise but one says Performance?

Yup on what Meanie said.

When I was having troubles with feed I talked to Gene Adcock and he suggested Manna or Nutrena. I did the Manna, but wasn't overly impressed with it. I didn't try the Nutrena, but I've heard people have good luck with it. I currently have mine custom milled and I don't see that changing ever, I love my current feed!

You get your feed milled for you... How much do you have to buy, for them to consider that?

I get one ton at a time, but I run nearly 100 chins, lol. Each mill is different, sometimes you can find a half ton mill, sometimes it has to be 2 tons.

One of my rabbit friends is VERY annoyed that the Nutrena tag is now labeled "forage products" and not specifically indicating alfalfa, etc. (I don't feed it so haven't seen a tag recently). Is this just up in the Great White North with the mills here, or have others noticed a tag change too? Its causing quite a stir with some Iowa & Wisconsin rabbit raisers.

You must sell a good deal of that feed off... Even if they ate 2lbs a month, you would be +1400 lbs by expiration. Then again, it is cold where you live, and feed might keep longer.

It's not that hard to go through feed when you have a lot of chins. I go through a 50 lb bag every two weeks with just over 30 chins (plus kits). So 100 lbs a month. She's probably going through 2 bags a week, if not more. 400 lbs a month. That's more than a ton every 6 months.

I get a ton at a time, and go through around 100#'s per week between the breeders, house chins, and rescues. I easily go through a ton in less than 6 months, and I expect that time will be getting shorter and shorter of a time with me picking up more cages, lol.

I've noticed less wasting with this feed which is great as well.

I actually don't sell any out but certainly could if someone wanted some. I used to sell feed when I had the chin store open, but that seems like forever ago now...

Riven I miss the chin store :cry3: I wish it would come back you only had some of the best products on the market!

Latest posts

Back