non-toxic glue

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloverr

Possible silly question alert!

I posted on a forum a while back in regards to repairing a hideaway hut that I purchased broken. I was told Elmers wood glue was the way to go bc it is non-toxic. I've been using it ever since with any little repairs I need around the house, but today I found a cool tool thats like a pen, makes it easier to apply the glue, But, its by crayola, not elmers. The pkg says that the glue, as well as all other crayola craft materials, are non toxic, which made me wonder if it was safe to use around my boys, or if you guys stuck (haha stuck.. no pun intended:p) with elmers for another reason.
Any input would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

LOL I love the pun, even if it wasn't intended. :D

I would think that the crayola thing would be perfectly safe. The reason why is that it's meant for kids to use and it has glue in it. I was a kid myself once and I know that I was not above getting the glue into my mouth either intentionally or unintentionally. If it's non-toxic and meant for kids, the glue is probably perfectly safe for chinnies, too. :) They engineer those things to be safe when eaten...

P.S. I like your quote, I feel the exact same way... :)

It's probably safe, it may even be the same thing with a different label. If it's non-toxic and for kids I'd use it. Where I glue houses together, it'd take major chewing to get to the glue, since they chins here go for the corners. Unless you are coating the the thing with glue I think it'd be fine.

If it says non-toxic, I'm pretty sure it'd be fine for use with the chinnies. Thing is, how well will it work with wood? I remember that general use glue from whatever manufacturer doesn't tend to bond wood products together very easily and usually winds up just a bigger mess than what you started with. Elmer's Wood Glue or some other product with a different name but same purpose seems to bond wood to wood better than plain ole glue.

And Susan - I hear ya about the eatin' glue stuff...didn't we all do that?!

Latest posts

Back