New years resolutions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Year's resolutions don't count until after New Years right? Because as of 12/16/10 at 4:23 pm I totally failed the swearing during the Packer games!

I don't actually usually make resolutions. But If I were going to I guess it would be to have more patience with people and be as nice as I used to be. I have been having a hard time being nice lately. I have been a bit cranky and less kind as of late. I would like to get back to my old self

To become healthier so I'm not getting as sick as often, so far I've gotten pneumonia or bronchitis at least once a year for the past 4 years.
To get more patience especially around little kids.
To be more forgiving of others, basically as I am right now someone screws me over once they're out of my life.
To start practicing my religion as what I use to.
To save more money and stop splurging on the chins so much.

My resolution is to stop giving so much of my time and effort to people, who don't deserve it. I need to stop caring so much about other people that it leads to me forgetting about my own needs. I need to stop letting people treat me poorly and to speak up and not be a doormat. Sometimes it isn't good to give and give for nothing at all...I need sleep, I need money and I need to be respected.

So...my resolution is basically to force people to act like I matter as much as I have believed they have mattered to me. I'm sick of having my heart broken over and over again by trying to get people to even try to understand or even care. I matter and I am going to try to make myself realize that...I won't stay up all night anymore working on things that I think will make other people happy because I am more important than their moment of brief happiness.

I'm going to work on this seriously and try to consider my own feelings before other people's feelings.

My resolution is to not let work get to me. I already started at Christmas time and just let the crazy rush go on about me while I enjoyed my coworkers and stayed in my happy zone. Stupidity marches on regardless of wether I'm stressed or not, since no one pays me nearly enough to put up with nut cases, I just won't. it's working really well so far, I'm much happier at the end of the day.

1) Save up at least half the money I need to go on a vacation to South America summer of 2012, while also paying off my *last* medical bill, my credit card, and my mom
2) Go to the gym and work on turning some flab to muscle
3) Do something fantastic/unique (but cheap) this coming summer
4) Raise my GPA in vet school, just a smidge, so I'm a little more prepared for the potential hit of second and third year
5) Purge some stuff - I "collect" a lot of things...
6) Get 6th or better standard breeder award at MCBA Natl's

ETA: someone really needs to refresh this at the end of the year so we can all account for successes and...failures...haha!

Last edited:
My resolutions:

1. Continue to go to the gym over my lunch break
2. Get back a healthy self image which means losing at least 30lbs and keeping it off.
3. Not procrastinate on cleaning so much.
4. Hopefully get out of at least half of my credit card debt.
5. Figure out what I would be happier doing in my life employment wise as right now I have figured out I really do hate being at a desk all day.

Resolutions:
1. GET A CAR (and go to more shows, my parents don't care where I go, so long as I drive :])
2. Be more reliable. I am terrible about this, ask around :( Usually it's me trying to be nice and then the worst possible thing happens :/ But regardless, I want to be more reliable
3. Be nicer to those trying to help me, I have terrible anxiety and tend to go off on family and friends, and I feel so bad about it.
4. SAVE MONEY.
5. Improve my herd. I've already been doing quite a bit of this. It's time I start taking breeding more seriously.

In no particular order. Wish me luck, i'll need it!

Back