New years resolutions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vow to be more patient with others, with myself, and with my family.

It is also time to think about overall health. I will eat healthier, and start lifting weights and doing cardio routines to get back into shape.

My biggest focus, though, will be my family. To be there for them and to make sure they know how much they are loved.

I resolve not to make any resolutions. ****, I've blown it already. :neener:

Mine will be to get a better hold of my finances as well as pay down my debt!
I figure I have at least a week to go nuts and then start on Jan.1!

mine is the same as usual..........get organized! i feel like my life is out of control and that i have SO much to do. every thing seems like it is the trickle down effect! i have to organgize and clean one area in order to do the next area, etc... i just want to have everything in a place!
oh and i would like to resume a mild exercize program!

Start exercising and eating healthier.
Save up money to but a house.
Pay off all of my school loans, and loans from my parents.
Get organized, keep my apartment cleaner than I do, and label everything.
Stop biting my nails.

Keep at least three of these until Feb.

To attend more chinchilla shows
To lose weight
To start writing again

and the one I won't be able to keep most of all--to stop swearing during the Packer games--especially the f-bomb

To take my career more seriously.
To try to get a job in the private sector.
To get a gun license.
To get a motorcycle riding permit.

I think that's enough for a year!

Here's mine:
1) Start waking up earlier so I don't feel like death mornings that I have to..

2) Only drink on special occasions. (I don't have a drinking problem, but I figure cutting out the majority of what I do drink will help with...)

3) Lose 50 pounds by September. I want to go skydiving and I am about 50 pounds above the weight limit.

4) Enroll in (and complete) a rigorous workout program. I have not decided if I want to try p90x or crossfit.

5) Pay off my medical bills. (cutting out alcohol should help leave some extra money for that)

6) Keep my room resembling more of a bedroom and less of an obstacle course.

7) Get a motorcycle license.

If I can accomplish these (or at least half of them), I will consider 2011 a success.

I resolve to have a better year than this one. Five funerals (including my father's) is way too much for one year! I did get a beautiful new nephew, so it hasn't been all bad, but 2011 definitely needs a lot more good and a lot less bad than 2010.

To that end:

I resolve to get my weight under control. I've been saying that for years, but I've not really made a good effort. This year I am going to do it.

I resolve to engage in more acts of charity.

I resolve to read at least 4 books with educational value in 2011.

I would like to work less ( I put in quite a bit of overtime each week), and focus more on my animals and family. The money is nice, but I am just exhausted by the end of the work week and do not feel like doing a darn thing(walking the dog, taking care of the horses, going out with my fiance etc). Do my 40 hours, come home and spend time with what truely matters!

I'd also like to get my asthma under control once I get health insurance, so I can start working out and enjoying going for hikes etc like I used to. Or actually spend time and enjoy the chins! Right now it's a hassle to clean cages, dust, etc because I go right into an asthma attack. I always say the things I love most will end up killing me.

and Overall: Just be a better person.

Last year was to lose weight and to be a more active volunteer in my community. So far, I have done both! :)

This year, I want to lose this last 10 pounds and keep it off. I want to continue be more active in my volunteer work. And I also want to be more organized.

I remembered another one I've been thinking of! To work on my blog and make it something really reflective of me and interesting to read! I started one a while ago, but never really got into it the way I want to..

My resolution will be to post at least 1 post a week on my blog

Get my BS in animal science. I am having such a hard time with this last year I've got to do. The day I graduate I am going to be so happy and relieved I won't even know what to do with myself.

Ironically, one of the last classes I'm taking is going to be a freshman class. I feel like they should just give me that one, come on!!! heh

Back