new to chins... is this food ok?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can find better food on the internet for much cheaper. PANR and Mazuri are both good choices. My favorite place to buy from is http://camphorchins.com/ which is owned by a member here. Remember, you will also need to buy timothy hay, which is needed as a base diet. Hope this helped.

The oxbow is a 5 pound bag and the other is only a 3 pound. I have 8 chins and one bag will last a little over a week. So $14 a month isn't bad.

Some petsmarts now carry mazuri and oxbow. Also so don't Benson's if you have those stores near you, they have Oxbow, which is also good food.

Jean

I can send you some Tradition feed via flat rate and will be picking up some PANR show this weekend. Those are two really good feeds and you'll get more for a cheaper price than you would in a store.

They charge $14 for a 5 lb. bag of Oxbow? WOW.

Anywho, if you look down at my signature you will see I sell PANR (Purina Advanced Nutrition Rabbit). It is a very high quality rabbit feed that comes highly recommended for chinchillas. I can do 11 lbs of that in a flat rate shipping box for $16.95, so for just a bit more you get double the food. There are several other people on here who also sell PANR and other types of chinchilla feed in flat rate boxes.

Just figured I would throw the option out there.

If you have a local feed store, you can check out Nutrena Nature wise rabbit pellet. 25# bag will run you $8.00. You can also find PANR there also pretty cheap.

thanks for all the replies, i actually went back to bensons pet center and got the oxbow.

Back