New Critters

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan

Dot lives forever!
Apparently my boyfriend is more of a sucker then I am when it comes to critters. These two are living at his place, since we cannot have farm animals here.

Photo0055.jpg

They are two fainting goats.. Mine is the black one in the back, I've named her Annabelle..Though that may change as I get to know her. He still has not named his.

I love that they're standing on the concrete blocks. I can almost hear them... "Hrm, well, it's not a mountain but it's the closest thing I've got!"

I absolutely love goats. We have a lot around my neighborhood as I live out in the county, and I take my dobie for a walk just so the two of us can go visit the goats!

They're awesome! One of my friends wants one of those so bad!

They're cute!

They freak me out too, they usually only do it when they're scared and look like they're having seizures or death throes. Scared the crap out of me a couple of times before I was told it was a breed.

They're bred that way so that when a herd of sheep gets attacked they faint and get eaten, not the sheep. :))

They're cute!

They freak me out too, they usually only do it when they're scared and look like they're having seizures or death throes. Scared the crap out of me a couple of times before I was told it was a breed.

They're bred that way so that when a herd of sheep gets attacked they faint and get eaten, not the sheep. :))

Awwww I love them, but that's sad for them to have been bred that way to save sheep. Sacrafice one for the other... :((

The goats don't actually "faint" perse. They have a Myotonic condition, which in a sense freezes their muscles causing them to fall over. The older goats, as they get more mature and "learn" will instead of falling over, brace themselves instead.

It is true that they were used to save the sheep. Sad, but its a way of life. They were cheap, easily bred, and the sheep were their "money makers".

All I can say about that is mostly likely those things will never be able to live without an owner. That's sad but they really are cool. Can you milk them? I may have this totally confused.

I love fainting goats! We used to have some. There was one that never fully fainted. He would lock up and refused to fall over.

Back