New chubbicharm ideas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddles&Chubbs

RIP My Sleeping Beauties
I can't take credit for these ideas but I thought they were cute and we are in the product testing / guinea pig stage. :)

First, Abby asked about a cell phone chubbicharm so here it is:
009-42.jpg

I hope it holds up because it looks so cute on my phone:
014-32.jpg

And then Sasha asked about a chubbicharm pin. I had bought some tack pins a while back and they fit wonderfully:
010-36.jpg

So I will be wearing this to work for a few days:
012-37.jpg

Yay!

Wooohoooo! That will be so fricken cute on my work uniform! hehehe!!! I can bring the chinnies with me wherever I go :D

I LOVE both those ideas!! I would love the cell charm for myself and the pin for my mom so she can wear on her work uniform!

I'm almost positive the pins should be fine, it's the cell phone charm I'm a bit hesitant on. The chubbicharms are more "compact" than regular chubbichins (no body parts are hanging off very far) but I'm still not confident it can withstand all the bumps a cell phone does. But it was too cute not to try. :)

Deena,

have you ever used the glaze that they sell for sculpey/fimo clays? That stuff usually makes the clay stronger - I had baked a key head on one of my keys and that thing lasted me 5+ years of being dropped etc before breaking off, and then it was only small chunks here and there.

You could even try glazing it with superglue.

Just a thought :)

Yes to both! Of course my idea of dangly chubbicharm earrings is really the best, but these are great! I would love a few pins and I love the cell phone charm idea too!

Deena,

have you ever used the glaze that they sell for sculpey/fimo clays? That stuff usually makes the clay stronger - I had baked a key head on one of my keys and that thing lasted me 5+ years of being dropped etc before breaking off, and then it was only small chunks here and there.

You could even try glazing it with superglue.

Just a thought :)

Thanks Jen. When I go to the craft store, I will see if they have any. :)

Yes to both! Of course my idea of dangly chubbicharm earrings is really the best, but these are great! I would love a few pins and I love the cell phone charm idea too!

hahahaha! Yes, you had a great idea too. Did you get them in the mail yet?

More cute ideas! Count me in! I LOVE to buy chinnie-related items!

Last edited:
So I feel confident that the pins can withstand normal "pin action!" Someone suggested a double chubbipin too:
017-29.jpg

ins-020.jpg

010-37.jpg

So far so good with the cell phone charm too! But I want to give that a few more days of testing. :)

If you could get them stronger they would make great key chains too. Also if you could get them lighter i think they would be awesome for scrapbooking. I would love to add a couple to my chinny pages.

Ooh, I like the double pin chubbicharms! :)) I also wanted to say thank you for the adorable chubbiecharms, I got them last evening and they are so cute!

Oh I love the cellphone charm and keychain idea, the pen idea is great, and maybe that can leads to a chinnie bookmark thingy with some kind of metal stick between pages and a cute chinnie wrapping it's paws around the stick?

Back