New Chin with Possible Stasis - advice

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Laurie! He is extremely sweet but since I have only had him a few days - hard to tell if that is really his personality or only because he needs me so much right now because he is sick???

Anyway - I just fed him a little more CC only to find a small pile of poop where he had been sitting in the cage. Only 8-10 droppings but definitely a pile - the first pile I have seen since picking him up! He even left 5 more for me on my shirt while I was feeding him his CC - pretty sad when you get excited about poop on your shirt, my husband just wrinkles his nose!:)

Thanks Laurie! He is extremely sweet but since I have only had him a few days - hard to tell if that is really his personality or only because he needs me so much right now because he is sick???

Anyway - I just fed him a little more CC only to find a small pile of poop where he had been sitting in the cage. Only 8-10 droppings but definitely a pile - the first pile I have seen since picking him up! He even left 5 more for me on my shirt while I was feeding him his CC - pretty sad when you get excited about poop on your shirt, my husband just wrinkles his nose!:)

Welcome to the joys of chinchilla ownership! :neener:

I just came across your thread. I hope your baby is doing better. I went thru a very similar account when a chinchilla was "re-homed" to me. She didn't have a blockage, but rather went into accute shock, stopped eating and drinking, and her poops turned into a few small black flecks a day. She had to have the sub-q injections, hand feeding the critical care and water. With a lot of tender care, she recovered and continues to gain weight and her spunky personality is just now emerging after a couple of months. I hope you experience a happy ending as well.

Jenni

Back