New beige babies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiffyskaar

Hey everyone! Just thought i'd share a few pics and words about the two new additions in our family!
I was recommended to Shahna in California at Ridge Chinchillas from Tabitha on the forums and THANK YOU! Last week I got two beautiful beige boys from Shahna!
Just a bit of background if anyone wants to read: I've had a chin before, I was in high school, and although it wasn't too long ago, times have certainly changed in having chinchillas as pets! Ever since I had to adopt out Lightening (A white mosaic), I've wanted another chin. Unfortunately I had to get rid of Lightening because of a living situation that I'm not going to go into, but I've felt incredibly guilty because of that. No mom should ever have to adopt out her kids if she doesn't want to! Anyways, my hubby said YES to getting one, and behold, I got TWO adorable little boys! Their names are Coco and Dolce (formerly Doug but I think the two names go together quite nicely, don'tcha think? :p)

So I ordered a FN 142 after seeing how everyone LOVES them, and I decided to try out fleece liners. I must say, I LOVE THEM. It is SO much easier than what it used to be when I had Lightening, with the trays and the shavings and whatnot. I searched on the forum and found the pattern to make them, but my boys kept pulling one of the corners up every night and poops got under there and the water bottle kept dripping on the poo's and, it was just a big mess. So instead of making the three layers and tucking them, I sewed three sides together and kept one side open, with the white quilting sewed only on one side. It's now sort of a pocket, and all I do is slip the tray right in like it's a pillowcase, tuck that side down (because I have extra fabric on that side) and it's done! It's only 2 layers instead of the 3 together, but my boys took a liking to shavings in a glass pyrex "litter box" quite well! Except the millions of poops of course :laughitup:

I was waiting until the boys were settled in and I received my order from Sarah at Quality Mutation Chinchillas (GREAT stuff, by the way, not meaning to advertise so I hope I don't get in trouble for saying that!), and put everything up in their cage this morning before posting pics. Currently they are only on the lower level of my FN until they get a little older.

BLAH BLAH BLAH Get onto the pics! I apologize for their fur, they were patiently waiting for their dust to arrive and had one right after they checked out their rearranged home and new toys! And they've already figured out the wheel!

Okay so now to figure this out :p

j0hgcz.jpg
Cage shot

bgpra0.jpg
this one is of them checkin stuff out!

Last edited:
OMG, they are tooo adorable! I just picked up a beige boy myself yesterday. I have, yet to still name him...

I LOVE the dust baff & last picture!

Hey, question for everyone. Does anyone have that superpet waterbottle? I got it at Petsmart and, of course, it's dumb! it will only allow water to come out when you play with the ball for a while, and that's why I have the other one on there, they drink out of that one.
It just sucks I got a nice water bottle and it doesn't even work!

Try not filling the water as high. I always only filled it half way up since I replace water nightly. Also, as you tip it to put it into the holder give it a shake to get the vacuum started.

Some people have had problems with the Superpet bottles, including myself. No matter what I did, the water would not keep flowing. I could bounce it off my palm and it would flow for about 5 minutes, then stop working.

If Alli's tip doesn't work out, you may have to get a different one. Not sure if Petsmart will accept it as a return or not. I use the Lixit glass bottles that they keep in the bird aisle on all my cages and have never had a problem with them.

They're adorable. Congrats. I love chin babies! :heart3: Maybe one day I can own a chinchilla from when they are a baby. I own a beige as well.

Latest posts

Back