My sister should not have pets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessica

I am totally irritated with my little sister right now. She has a little dog and she never trained it to behave and it never learned to potty outside. Ok that's fine many people have annoying dogs but here's the part that makes it really bad. She likes to travel all the time and most of the time it's my mother who takes the dog for her. No big deal again because she still lives at home. However, my mom is coming here for Christmas and my sister is going away with some friends. I will NOT have that dog at my house. The last time he was here he peed on my carpet and chewed some furniture up and this was after I asked her nicely not to bring him. She is a complete selfish little twit when it concerns that dog of hers. It ruins something of sombody's and she just shrugs and says sorry and does nothing to fix it or replace it. Further more, it seems to me that she just got the dog because it was cute because when I went to visit last summer she never really did anything for that dog. I told her off a couple of days ago about it because she wanted the dog to come here with my mom after I had stated no. She won't kennel him, hire a sitter, or a walker because she claims there isn't anyone and she thinks that kenneling will upset the dog. I also told her that if my mother did show up with the him he was going to be kenneled because he wasn't coming over and that if she can't respect my wishes then I'm not respecting hers. The funny thing is I always had to make arrangements for my pets my entire life for when I had travel plans. It's just part of being an animal owner. SHe got very upset with me though and had a little tantrum on the phone because I told her that she can't expect people to like her dog and if she comes across a person who doesn't like him then she has to respect that. I don't dislike her pet I dislike that he was never trained and that he's got bad habits and I'm not the only one who feels this way. She treats that dog as a furry human which is the most retarded thing in the world to do with a pet. It's a big peeve of mine -people who treat their pet dogs or cats like people and annoy everyone else with their antics. I spoil my pets with attention and toys and good quality food but that's as far as it goes.

Jessica,

Your house, your rules! That's all that needs to be said to both your mother and your sister. If your sister really treated her dog like a furry human she wouldn't travel and leave him alone!

I can understand what your talking about I have not one but three sisters.. Its hard being a sister when the younger one does not corporate. Its like talking to the wall except that the wall has the capability to hit back!

She doesn't leave him alone she leaves him with my mom. Since they are traveling to different places this year she's expecting my mom to take the dog with her and I think it's messed up since my mom never wanted the dog anyway. If she's going to take the dog anywhere she should take him with her and I said that to her. She was like "Jessie all the way to Brazil?" in a whiny voice and I told her yes to Brazil it's your dog not mom's if anyone should travel with him it's you. It's like things don't compute in her head when it comes to that dog. All she sees is a small fluffy animal (it's a mix between maltise and bichon) that's cute and lively. She doesn't see that people find him annoying, doesn't care if her little nephew is allergic, nothing factors in that some people are maybe even a little scared of him. All these notions are ridiculous because he's small and friendly. No he really isn't mean but still he was never trained even basic commands. She doesn't see the importance in training a dog or getting it neutered because she is blindsided by her idiocy when it comes to pets. She got a cat before and they ended up giving him away because traveling and making arrangements was difficult. It never occurred to her that it would be the same or even more involved with the dog because they are more work. As I said she shouldn't have pets but anyway he's he's not coming here. I seemed to have knocked some common sense into her head because she found arrangements for him.

I'm in a similiar situation with my son's dogs - still waiting for a solution!
Glad it worked out for you!!

I completely agree I can't stand spoiled dogs treated like people that jump up bark all the time and think they are dominant. My dog knows his place in the pack and I wouldn't have it any other way you should call the dog whisperer :neener:

P.S.

She treats that dog as a furry human which is the most retarded thing in the world to do with a pet. It's a big peeve of mine -people who treat their pet dogs or cats like people and annoy everyone else with their antics.

People using the word retarted is a pet peeve of mine there's plenty of words you can use that don't insult disabled people

I am glad it worked out for you! :D

PS Pickles....something is always going to offend someone... people need thicker skin.

All I can say is be firm and give him an ultimatum. He won't like it but he'll have to abide by it or put up with the results of the ultimatum. I was really intending on sticking her dog up at my exotics vet they see dogs and cats there too and have pretty good boarding facilities. That's where Marble goes when I can't get a chinnie sitter.

Er Pickles, I wasn't meaning to insult anyone disabled I don't like that either but just to let you know my sister is far from disabled and an adult at that. I was insulting her not anyone with problems.

Last edited:
We are having the same problem with my brother right now. He was originally living with another family when he got his pittbull, but has since moved back in. We already have 3 dogs, and his dog makes 4. She is hyper and not trained. She just plows you down. You have to shield yourself when she comes around because she will jump on you and she is NOT the size of a puppy anymore!
He works from 6am-6pm pretty much, after which he goes out and parties with his friends. So she's either outside all day or in his room, and its up to my mom and I to take care of her. Its unfair to her, she doesn't have the kind of life our other dogs have but none of us have the time to train her and spend that time with her. Dad & I work fulltime, and my mom is helping my Oma and Opa with their unpacking and such. Its just insane.
He's even threatened to kill himself if he has to give her away (since that was what my mom suggested he do, since she doesn't have a great life here) or make vokda his "best friend" as he said... It's just so ridiculous and immature.
He actually took off tonight with his dog after getting into another fight with my mom.. who knows where he went. Ahhh, family drama,huh??

Yep, we are German too. Opa has cancer, so my moms been extremely busy helping them.. so there is no one home for his dog.

My parents went to Europe in September so Opa could say goodbye to family over there, and my brother who was not living with us at the time would come here in the morning and drop off his dog. He expected ME to watch her while he went to work! I was not working since I was the guardian to my siblings (6 and 11) while my parents were gone. He didn't even ask me if that would be okay.... but that's my brother for ya!

Latest posts

Back