My new chinnys along with the first decent pictures of my original

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a male. The spacing varies on each male...some have a very large gap while others will have a smaller gap...but there is always a gap. In females, the urethral cone sits right up against the anus because the "space" between the two is acutally their vaginal "slit" I guess you'd call it. That is definitely not a female.

Yea well im a pet owner who thinks all pets should have the optimum conditions like i wanna do all that i can for them to make sure they enjoy life. The cage with the two chins that i put a picture up is by all means just temporary it may be big enough but for me its not if that makes sense to anyone else.

The first pic looks male, the second is indeterminate in my opinion.

I'm with Tab on this. I didn't even see the pictures of the genitalia, but after seeing her post I went and looked. I also agree that it's two males, not a male/female.

Well im gonna check again tonight if there is a space I thougth females just had a very very very small space thanks you RDZC for clearing that up may i also add that Ravenous Deadly Zombies chins is an amazing name. Not sure if its your actually name but its amazing none the less
Also i stated before but both pics are of the same chinchilla

Chins don't need treats just like chins don't need huge cages, its more for the owners pleasure of spoiling them, the chins can be just as happy without them. I have huge cages because I like them, mine could do just as well with all the attention they get if they were in smaller cages.

Hmm I guess that is true.
Ive always reason it out as more room means happier since most animals love out of the cage time i try to make in the cage as close as i can

By the way im a guy everyone
Im a him not a her lol

i agree with ticklechin. if you lived in a small studio apartment your whole life, it wouldnt bother you. in fact you would be just as happy as someone who lives in a mansion..
but if you lived in a large house and downgraded to a studio, it would be a big difference.
as long as chins are cared for properly and spoiled as much as the owner can... then the chins will be happy!

I guess that makes sense.
Well I have to say my chinnys are gonna have to deal with the mansion because its just so much more pleasing for me :p
Ive never really thought about the fact that if they dont know of a bigger cage they would be happy and think their in the biggest

Also is the consensus now that i missexed the beige and it is in fact a male?
Also is he a beige? I assumed he was but i wasn't sure

Last edited:
I agree it looks like a male to me. And yes, he is a beige. Probably heterozygous from the pictures.

Beige male. I just wanted to throw this out. It's the one thing I hate most when people come over to look at chins. They automatically assume that if you have your chins in runs that they are not well cared for. Quite the contrary. Most breeders and definately ranchers have the chins best interest in mind. They tend to be more healthy than a pet owner's chins and are taken care of better. I had a woman that bought a ferret nation for a cage for her one chin-however decided to go against my advice about feed and those stupid balls. Sad to say-that lil boy died.

Try not to get offended by the advice people give you. You are here to learn. Take what you will and toss the rest.

Oh and here are pics of boy parts and girl parts.

Attachments

• girl.jpg
    girl.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 52
  • male.jpg
    male.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 50
  • female.jpg
    female.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 47
1 and 3 are girls right? Going from left to right
And it makes sense now how its ok i realized im looking at it from the wrong point of view i get it now that the smaller cages aren't bad its the persons preference pretty much

I am a new chin owner too. For piece of mind I took my two rescues into an exotic vets for a well check. It was $56 each but well worth it for the piece of mind and she was able to confirm gender too so that we could be completely sure! Good luck with your new pets - they are beautiful!

You know when I looked at those pics I actually thought that it was a male but I'm so bad at telling especially if the pics aren't all that clear but this is good news to find out that he is in fact a he. What about the other one, did you check it as well?

As far as size of cages go, everyone has their own idea as to what is the right size and there's no use comparing ranchers/breeders to pet owners b/c there will always be a a disagreement the size of the Grand Canyon. It's like comparing apples to oranges; no comparison.

I have found that with most small pets that live in cages, there will ALWAYS be disagreements between people about size, type, etc. I have come to learn that it's based on what works for each person. Everyone's situation is different, and what may work for me is not going to work for you & vice versa. It's one of those "let's all agree to disagree" things! :)

Yea thats pretty much what im going with ive realized that pet owners and breeds cant be compared also the other chin i know for a fact is a male he has a large gap between the anus and genitals

Okay, that's good news too then. Do they have names or did I miss that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back