My new baby, Chili

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zie

I desperately want to change his name, but I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe when he's a little more settled in, I might. I just can't stand over-used names. Kinda bothers me.

But anyways, here's his story:

A girl I went to school with got a chinchilla about a year ago after she saw pictures of mine. Gee, awesome. I helped her out the best I could. Gave her links to QualityCage, FerretNation, showed her CnQ, the works. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that she actually took a lot of my advise.

As some of you know, I had two boys of my own, and had to give them up about...what...5-7 months ago? I knew it would be hard without them, but I would have never guessed it would be that hard. I took their cage down and put it away only about 2 weeks ago. And even then, I still cried. And then a week ago, I got a message on myspace.

The girl wasn't allowed to keep her chinchilla anymore, and they had been looking for a good home for him for a month or so, but couldn't find one, apparently. He mother was threatening to have him put to sleep if they couldn't find a home fast. She knew I had had chinchillas and asked me if I could take him. Life has settled down quite a bit for me, and I knew I was ready for him, and so, I took the chance.

Chili is a chunky little boy, just two years old. His birthday is Jan. 1st, and he is a little attitude chin. I think I've typed enough. Here's some pictures of Chili. I only have photography-ish photos of him, since I don't have to bother him while doing those and they don't use flash. I haven't let him out for playtime yet. Still letting him settle in.

30mp99k.png

68wkra.png

35it1tw.png

2a8j69c.png

34dlapv.png

Oh, Chili is adorable! How wonderful and what good timing that you could help him out and give him a home! I bet he will be thoroughly spoiled!

May I what amera you use for those shots? i'm really imrpessed XD And your new boy looks so charming... I love the colour...

I love your pics! They're artsy...very cool. And Chili is adorable as well :)

Thanks. :D

May I what amera you use for those shots? i'm really imrpessed XD And your new boy looks so charming... I love the colour...

I use a Kodak Z812 IS

I have a love/hate relationship with it. It took me about 6 months just to figure out juuuust the right things to do, to get good pictures.

It's not that old, but it isn't on kodak's website anymore. :/ Here's a picture of it: http://zie-chan.deviantart.com/art/Schneider-90465993

He looks like a total sweetheart. How about Chili Billy for a name?

Lmao, that sounds adorable. I was thinking more like Mozart or Vette for a name. My last two chinchillas were named Amadeus and Chevy, and I had always wanted to do a theme like that. xD

I don't know your story with your boys from before but I just wanted to say that now you have a wonderful new start with your new baby boy and just focus on your happy future together. He is adorable and you take AWESOME pictures!

lol, thank you. He is a very sweet boy. He isn't afraid of me, which makes me happy. He comes to the door when I walk into his bedroom, and he loooves getting scratched on his head right between his ears. I am very glad that he came to me.

Chins really are an addiction. xD Every day that I didn't have one, I was sooo lonely.

I think I'm going to message his previous owner and ask her if she minds that I change his name. I mean...it's a new life, with a new momma, right? A new name would be fitting.

And his name starting with "ch" right now...I've accidently called him "Chevy" at least twice a day.

Latest posts

Back