My furry family

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratcuddler

Eager Learner
I don't have shins or hedgies right now so I thought I would post my other animals.

MVC-001S.jpg

Yuuki, my 2year old black irish rat.

MVC-002S.jpg

Bella, my 1 1/2 year old himi dumbo girl

MVC-014S-1.jpg

Sophie, my 1 1/2 year old black capped girl doing what she does best.

MVC-011S.jpg

Bebe, and Cece, my 12 week old fawn girls. Bebe is a capped standard, and Cece is a a mismarked hooded rex.

MVC-014S.jpg

Domino my 1 year old mismarked agouti boy.

MVC-012S-1.jpg

Batista my 5 month old <3 rat. He is a Russian blue Dumbo Rex.

MVC-008S-2.jpg

Ratatouille my 5 month old Russian Beige Dumbe Rex.

MVC-704S.jpg

Nudie, my 1 year old hairless dumbo boy.

Welcome to CnH Jenn! <snicker>

I loves me some ratties. You just pack up and send over all those dumbos. Plenty of room at the inn here.

You don't have shins?!?!?!?!:wacko:

I like the dumbos...they can come live with me. Don't tell Tyson I'm feeding rats though...I'll get in trouble.:neener:

Awww, look at all those cute little faces! I love ratties, though the husband doesn't. Not like chinchillas aren't rodents.
wacko.gif

First thing in the morning he creeps me out too, but I love them all. They are very spoiled, they have a CN 162, NEW hammocks every week (they kill their old ones) and they get HT, and suebee's on top of whatever I am eating to eat.

Ah the ratties! Thanks for sharing images Jenn. They are all just darling. And no matter what anyone else says, Nudie is darling too.

I didn't know there's such thing as dumbo rats!
There's a petstore here that has a store rat (not for sale) that is HUGE (size of a fat chinchilla) & I've always wondered if a normal rat can grow that big. Now I know that there are different types.

Ippo456 there are fancy rats, which are the same as most rats you find outside, or pouched rats that are VERY uncommon in the states. Dumbo refers to their ears, if you notice the dumbo rats' ears are lower down on the side of their heads. Rex rats refers to their fur being wavy, or slightly curly. I am here researching Chinchillas, and hoping to get two of Peggy's babies <Wink Wink>

Then what is the name/type of a very large rat? I swear the petstore rat I mentioned earlier is HUGE! He looks as big as a fat chinchilla. Chinchillas are actually small underneath all that fluffy fur, but rat's fur isn't thick .. so this rat is huge! What's a pouched rat?
I'm interested just because I keep lots of other types rodents (I have 6 hamsters & chinchillas), but never a rat or a mouse.
Thanks.

What a collection of rats you have...hence your profile name! lol. They look very spoiled to me, they are a lucky bunch. I've had so many animals, but never any rats. It seems like they can be pretty friendly and personable. Thanks for posting all the wonderful pics!

Ippo, most male rats get fairly large. I have a blue male here from Mish that outweighs my smallest chin.

I love my rats, but I don't think I'll be getting many more after my 2 pass on in a few years. The man-child wasn't too happy with me bringing home Vegas and Reno Lol

I'm sorry to hear you don't have shins! Better no shins than kneecaps though!
Jenn your crew are cute as heck! SERIOUSLY! I love Nudi! What a great, original name too! Thanks for sharing!

Then what is the name/type of a very large rat? I swear the petstore rat I mentioned earlier is HUGE! He looks as big as a fat chinchilla. Chinchillas are actually small underneath all that fluffy fur, but rat's fur isn't thick .. so this rat is huge! What's a pouched rat?
I'm interested just because I keep lots of other types rodents (I have 6 hamsters & chinchillas), but never a rat or a mouse.
Thanks.

Male rats can get VERY large. My Yuuki is hovering right around 3 pounds and he is not the largest rat i have ever seen. Rats make GREAT pets. They are like dogs that can be put in cages when you have to go to school. My bunch (most) love being out of the cage, and hanging out with me. Boys can be very laid back, they love to sit in my lap and watch TV with me. The girls are very spunky and can be a handful. I also love decorating their cage to make it bright and cheery. They can have almost everything a chin can have, and then some. Nudie's "real" name is Desnudo which is naked in Spanish, but it is to big of a name for the little guy, so he goes by Nudie.

Latest posts

Back