My chin just ate a piece of paper!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

Ok, I don't know if i'm being too stupid to be panic about this. I let my chin out for playtime. I didn't look at it, his dust container is in there too. He got on it and start chew the sticker brand. The next thing I know he chewing something in his mouth and the piece of the paper is gone. I heard that his digestive system is very fragile. I know it s only a little bit but should I be concern?

to me it sounds like he only ate a little. i wouldnt worry too much. :) you can keep an eye on his poos just to make sure :)

It will be ok. breathe :D

Just keep an eye on him, but I am sure a little piece of paper won't bother him much. Other wise people would not read books and papers with chinnies out. Mine have destroyed corners of my books.

oh,, thank god! lol i'm sorry u guys. I'm a brand new chin owner so I'm freaked out over everything. Thanks everyone for help!

They LOVE paper! I can't tell you how many edges of books of mine have chin nibbles on them! They have a sensitive digestive system but I wouldn't say fragile. Just make sure when you do playtime again there is nothing on the floor or anywhere he can get too. Most members like to use the bathroom for playtime as it seems the least accident prone area to let them have free roam.

Most of them really dont ingest the paper, they kinda just shred it. But many of my books have cute little bite marks on pages............

If you think about it, paper=wood, and well, chins chew on wood...so I don't see why eating a bit of paper would be a bad thing :)) Mikey chews on paper any chance he gets before I shoo him away.

Mine likes to shred toilet paper in the bathroom... :wacko: And don't even bother trying to read a book around him!!

Back