My chin has a bubble spot on his chest

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilrose54

Hello All

I am a new chin owner, and one of my chins had a bald spot on his chest it is soft, like a bubble, I took him to the vet that is a hour away, and the vet checked him out and said every thing was normal. He checked his heart and his teeth, also noticed another spot on the other side. He was from Scotland
He said some chins have those spots. I have never read anything like that
seems odd to me. Has anyone had that happen?:hmm:

Also I have four chins now, a few I rescued, I bought a wheel and now of the chins tried it, then I bought a steel saucer and they do not use that also
I do not have time to let them run every day, I do once a week, so I was trying to see if the wheel and the saucer would help. Any information would help

Thanks
Lilrose54

Maybe it was a fatty deposit where the front legs wore off the fur? Sometimes that happens when the chins get older and chubbier. The first time I saw it I was very scared.

Definitely post a picture...all I can imagine is that it was a fat deposit and that's why the vet said it was alright.

The wheel and saucer they might have to get used to, especially the saucer. Give them a chance to figure it out.

And hopefully that it is just fat deposits with the bubble.

Is the spot under the arm? Is your chin rather chunky? Sometimes chins wear off the fur on their underarms creating bald spots. If they're chunky they can look rather odd. Seeing as there's another on the other side, it makes me think this is what it is.

For instance, my one girl is rather chunky and it's hard to tell in this picture, but bellow her fat rolls all the fur is worn off.
IMG_3060.jpg

But if you can post a picture we could tell you more definitely.

Back