My Chin Barn...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't thought about using tile-board, I was going to tile or "sticky tile" behind all of my cages for easy wiping. What makes the tile-board a pain in the butt???

Just look at the picture! :p It comes in 4x8 sheets, is saggy, flimsy and a real bear to wrastle and certainly does not support itself. Definitely a two person job for whatever you're doing with it, including cutting! I had to have two people hold it when I cut, it was like compressed cardboard. I used it for cage backing and really love it, after a year it has not stained but my waterproof paint is starting to.

I have the sticky tiles in my house and part of the chin room on the floor, I wouldn't put them on the wall simply due to cost and chin urine eats the coating on them - it's cheaper to do an entire wall in tileboard than sticky tile, I got mine for $12/sheet last year but I see it is up to $14 now. Heck, regular tile is cheaper than the sticky ones.

Back