MRSA

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I know I'm late! I've talked to Melissa via email about mrsa. Just wanted to point out that animals or people just carry this on their skin and usually don't get infected. Generally when immune systems are down you can get it more easily. As both Thistle and I know. It is a lot more common than people realize, like staph it just hangs out on your skin usually harmlessly. It's horrible so I hope you've managed to keep it at bay.

Tex gets to go to see the vet today to get a culture done. We're hoping he's in the clear and we can start snuggling with him again.

Happiness

While we were at the vet to have Satin's drainage tube removed, we got results back from Tex's culture (Satin's too... but I posted that under her lump thread).

Best news in a long time: no growth. NO MRSA. Little boy is bacteria free! Tonight, I get to pick him up with my hands. HANDS!!! I'm going to feel his soft fuzzy belly, and rifle though his beautiful quills, and (pending his cooperation) touch him on his pink and brown nose!!!!!

Me... without gloves... holding my boy
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:​

There are not enough emoticons available to handle this situation.

Happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

I'll add some more...

:hug2: :clap1: :high5: :clap: :bliss:

Now you can breathe again.

Last edited:
It's like rediscovering hedgies over here.

Last night I learned (again) how much sharper Tex is than Satin. How soft and warm their bellies are. The feel of their noses. Their soft pink tails. How they move. And... oh... their soft warm little pudgy footsies. Looove the pink widdle feet.

My babies :)

This morning I re-discovered how much Tex likes the bath. Walking to the sink = ball. Running water = unball and let me in! Of course, until the moment he wants out (scramble, scramble, fuff at mommy).

I'm just about to rediscover my little buddies again!

Yippee!!! It's HEDGIE-TIME!!!

Oh, Melissa!

You've brought tears to my eyes! I can feel exactly how much you love these little babies of yours.

Congrats! So happy for you all!

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm doing a happy dance for you and your babies. WOOHOO!!!!

You really give meaning to the statement "I love my hedgies." You really do love your baby hedgies.

Melissa that is sooo exciting.. Im so happy for you and Tex and Satin!

Back