More nervous than I've ever been...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luci

Gizmo's roommate
its ridiculous the amount of stress i put myself through. tomorrow i take the GRE. i cant even begin to explain how nervous and terrified i am. i know that i'll do well...but i dunno about scoring in the range required by my grad school of choice. rob tells me i'll do well, that i "got this". i wish i believed in myself as much as he does.

i know i shouldnt have an "im gonna fail" attitude before the test. and dont get me wrong, i dont think the world will end. i guess its just scary to think that grad schools can weigh this score so heavily. as if taking a standardized test could possibly show what i am capable of. there are opportunities to re-test before my application deadline....but i'd rather not need to spend $160 on a test. this is what i get for wanting to be a professional student. i really just want to go to grad school so i can have a meal plan again...kidding...kinda.

i just hope that the GRE is easier than my prep book. this thing is ridiculous. gizmo cant wait to chew it...

Awwww Luc. I'm with Rob. You are going to kick butt. Get some good sleep and eat well in the morning. Shelly and I love you.

You are so going to pass this with flying colors. Don't even sweat it. I agree with Cindy - get some sleep and eat a good breakfast, then go kick it's butt.

I took the GRE did ok. You will do fine. And from what I remember about the prep book, it was harder than the test.

First of all, you need to believe in yourself! We believe in you, but it matters more that you believe in you. Relax, take a long, hot bath, get a full night's sleep, and kick butt on that test tomorrow. Best of luck!!!

I feel your pain! I just took the bar exam this past July and had to wait until October for results... Just like you... my friends were all like "you got this!" and I was like "I'm gonna fail." Great attitude, I know....

But in all seriousness, I've taken the GRE, LSAT, and now the Bar Exam... and I thought that all of them were easier than the prep books (at least the ones I had). The sample questions I had for the bar exam, I would sit there and agonize over... but for the actual test... you don't have that kind of time... you do your best and move on... and hopefully you get a high enough score.

Good luck!!

Chin up!! You'll do fantastic!!! Deep breathes, deep breathes...oh, and eat a chocolate bar right before you head in.

I took the GRE a couple of years ago. 8 am (I don't think logically before 10 am) and some dude that kept tapping his feet the whole time and I did well. You will do great. So Good Luck today. I will send you some positive thoughts as long as you will when I take the LSAT in a few weeks.

I barely studied for the GRE - took a practice math test since I had been out of college for 4 years when i was taking it...I got a decent score - not great but good...I not only got in to the program but they gave me a full ride and stipend as a TA...Trust me it doesn't mean it'll make or break you if you do great or if you dont do so great. Like my GTA advisor and prof told me all it proves to them is you can take a test well (in fact they are thinking of eliminating it from the requirements)...they care about more things than just that ;)

Go Luci!!! You better update us when you get back! I am sure you did very well and waiting for the results will be nerve wracking, but you're a smart cookie. Have Rob take you a celebration dinner tonight. ;)

you guys have no idea how much i appreciate all the things you have said!

my brain hurts, but i feel ok about the test. we'll see if the admissions department thinks so too.hope so! now to finish collecting all the application materials!

thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts, advice, and "brain angels"!

and Jer....Good luck!!!!

I'm positive you did great. You haven't failed at anything in life, you are a go getter--and someday you are destined for great things!

I'm positive you did great. You haven't failed at anything in life, you are a go getter--and someday you are destined for great things!

only if you keep that "list" to yourself lol.

Latest posts

Back