Mei looking a bit "off"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... I just need to learn to speak my mind is the issue. heh

But we have an appt. at 4:15 with the other vet, so I'll get x-rays this time for sure. And even if it's not the roots then at least like you said, I'll know that it's not a teeth issue.

Although I don't know what possible other cause of everything could be. Pawing at the mouth, not eating the hay, looking like she's drooling, watery eyes, and then even noticing extra drool when using the otoscope, they all point to one thing. So we'll see..

I would make sure the chin was put under gas for a good oral exam, otoscopes just don't give a good view of the back cheek teeth, that and a x-ray to really rule out teeth.

Good luck!

It's with tears that I post this right now.

We got x-rays done, and thankfully it wasn't in her roots, but she did have some problems that would be chronic, and so I acted with her quality of life in mind and had her cross the Rainbow Bridge today.

I don't know what else to say. I'm so sad. I've never had to make such a decision before and it was so hard. I never wanted this to happen..

:nolove:

Alli, I am so, so sorry. It is probably one of the hardest things you've had to do, but you also helped Mei be free of pain- it's the most loving thing a pet owner can do.

If you need to talk, I'm here for you.

Allison, I am sooo sorry. I am in tears right now, you know you did the right thing by her. *hugs*

Mei

Alli, I wish I could give you a hug right now in person. I've had it happen to me before and it's one of the hardest thing for a "mom" to do but we do it for the ones we love if needed. Please let me know if you need a shoulder to cry on. I'm so sorry. Just keep the picture of her running the fields and surfing the trees. She is happy and you will be together again.:cry3:

I'm so sorry to hear of Mei's passing. You made the decision out of love and respect. Still, it is very hard to do.

Oh Alli, I'm soooo sorry you had to make this decision. It is never easy, but is sometimes the kindest thing we can do for our little ones.

I am so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing for your chin. :tantrum::tissue:

Last edited:
Allison I'm SO sorry to hear this. I know how difficult this decision was and I applaude you for making it. Someday I know you will be together again.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Alli... I was really hoping it wouldn't be teeth problems. I'm sure she knows how much you loved her and that you made the right decision. Just remember all the good times you had with her... rest in peace, Mei :angel2:

Latest posts

Back