Meet Little Scarface

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuddlycuddles

chinchilla freak
Hello folks, meet our newest addition, Little Scarface. We adopted him last weekend from the Animal Service Office in Toronto, where they had him for over 2 weeks and noone had called to inquire about him. They are not used to having chins in there, but they were pretty good with him.
When I went to pick him up, I learned he was missing a part of his upper lip (on one side only), so the name Little Scarface just stuck :)
When we first picked him up he was so scared of rabbit and bird noises at the shelter. But less than an hour in our home and this sweet boy was first popcorning in his temp cage, then sleeping stretched out on his side!
They did not have information about the cause of the injury (now completely healed) and no age or any other pointers, except that he had it rough in his earlier life. He is afraid of jumping down from the shelves, so I am thinking that he may have fallen on his face when he was very young, causing his lip to break off. He appears to be 6mo-1yr old. I believe he is a beige, but maybe you can help me out with your ideas. Please excuse the state of his fur, the pics were taken after the vet, the tech and I had handled him today, so he looks a bit greasy.
So I am THRILLED to have this boy in our home- he is showing great improvement, getting used to us and being very curious.
He went to the exotic vet today and from the general check-up he looks healthy and no damage to his front teeth was visible. He is currently quarantined and will join our family chinchillas in a month of so, if everything goes well. We plan to house him separately, in a half of a large FN, like the other three males we have (we don't have any females).
And for your eyes, a few pictures we took today :)

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

:congrats2: on your newest addition! What a cutie!
Looks like Little Scarface feels very comfortable in his new home!

I love Little Scarface! His little lip gives him character. He is adorable and looks so happy hin his new home.

aww congrats! he looks like a snaggle-tooth, how sweet! he looks very happy to be part of your family :)

Oh, lucky Little Scarface!!! He looks like a love and seems to be settling in well. I'm glad he found a safe, loving home with you!!!

What a great way to check out his front teeth!!! Congrats, he is adorable and is lucky to have found a great home!!!

Congrats! I saw him on their website! There's a lot of chin in Toronto lately that need rehoming.
There are indeed.I wish I had more space, but in an apartment I am rather limited.
BTW, those extra fleece liners you made for me recently became very much needed with this new addition ;)

Thanks all for your kind words! We look forward to seeing more of his improvement in the weeks to come. We just got another level of FN and we'll start setting it up for him, when the quarantine is over. I can't wait to give him a wheel at least. More pictures to follow!

There are indeed.I wish I had more space, but in an apartment I am rather limited.
BTW, those extra fleece liners you made for me recently became very much needed with this new addition ;)

Good timing! And the chin spin is a big hit with my girl Athena! She hasn't stopped running since I put it in! LOL!

Latest posts

Back